Thursday, May 2, 2019

Mosaic Mystery Quilt-Along Announcement!!!

I am very excited to announce that the next mystery quilt, the Mosaic Mystery Quilt will begin in about two months on July 4th! 


The Mosaic Mystery Quilt is a free quilt-along that will run from July 2019 through April 2020 with a set of directions revealed the first Thursday of every month.

We will kick off the quilt-along on Thursday, July 4th with the fabric requirements and some helpful hints to pick fabrics and colors (you will have an entire month to gather fabrics before the cutting instructions in August).

Here are some more details about the upcoming mystery quilt...


1. Quilt-along instructions

The monthly instructions will be posted to this blog as blog posts (and can always be found on the Mosaic Mystery Page).  I will be attaching a link to the downloadable, easy to print, pdf versions of the instructions right into each monthly instruction blog post.  There is no need to sign up to get the instructions, they will be posted here each month.

To make sure that you do not miss any posts, make sure that you are subscribed to the blog (here are some links for following... BloglovinEmail).


2. Prizes 

We will have prizes, so many great prizes! Prizes will be given out randomly to quilters who submit finished quilts or quilt tops to the reveal parade in April 2020.  I am working with sponsors to finalize the prizes and will be posting more about the sponsors and prizes as the start date to the mystery quilt approaches.


3. The un-mystery quilt 

Want to join in the fun but making a mystery quilt is not your thing? I totally understand and offer a sneak peek of the design!

If you would like to see the final pattern to decide whether to join in or to help pick colors, you can sign up to receive the Un-Mystery Quilt Sneak Peek.  The sneak peek will be sent out on Thursday, July 4th and will contain the sneak peek, multiple colorway renderings, and a coloring page.


The only rule is that you have to keep the design completely to yourself as to not spoil anyone else's surprise.

(Note:  this sign up is only for a sneak peek and will not be used for sending out instructions.)

4. Facebook group 

We have over 3,300 members in our Facebook Group (Meadow Mist Designs Facebook Group) sewing together! Join the group today so you can share and see everyone else's fabric, progress pictures, and finished quilts.



5. Previous Mystery Quilts 

The instructions for my previous mystery quilts are located in the Mystery Quilt tab above (and are always available so you can start them at any time).


6. Questions? 

If you have any questions regarding my mystery quilts you can e-mail me at MMDmysteryquilts@gmail.com or leave your question in a comment below.





33 comments:

  1. How exciting! I look forward to seeing what everyone creates. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting! Too long to wait, had to sign up for the Un-mystery!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this quilt scrappy-friendly?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo! Love your mystery quilts!
    Sandy A

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems like this event comes around so quickly every year! I suppose that is just time buzzing by at its frenetic pace. I can't wait to see everyone's creations Cheryl. How fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see the sneak peek!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my third! I LOVE your mystery quilts and have shared your post to my FB quilting group. Love from Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm trying to sign up for the unmystery but it won't let me confirm I'm not a robot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry you are having difficulties, you can email me your e-mail address at MMDmysteryquilts at gmail dot com and I will try to add you. If I can't then I will send you the sneak peek directly on July 4th.

      Delete
  9. Hi. I tried the sneaky peek, got stuck on confirming that I am not a robot ��
    Perhaps I am then

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry you are having difficulties, you can email me your e-mail address at MMDmysteryquilts at gmail dot com and I will try to add you. If I can't then I will send you the sneak peek directly on July 4th.

      Delete
  10. I will definitley see if I can sneak it in! I may be away from my machine, but I will try!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 3300+ members??!! Oh Cheryl, how very wonderful for you! I hope to join in this year since I missed last year's.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is there a cost for this fun event?

    ReplyDelete
  13. If I'm in the FB group, should I also follow the blog? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  14. I passed on last year's quilt along, but hope to play along with this mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My sister-in-law and I are thinking about doing a QAL together. Maybe this is it if we can motivate.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is all new to me ... I have never done a quilt-along before, never mind a mystery quilt-along; nor do I do Facebook. Sew I'm hoping for a fun time and no stress !!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just signed up. Hopefully I did it correctly. When will the fabric requirements be sent?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fabric requirements were posted yesterday on July 4th, happy quilting!

      Delete
  18. I can't find the instructions where to upload my fabrics to enter the prizes. I remember reading I could not just upload to facebook but had to go somewhere else. Could you please resend that email?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm looking forward to this mystery quilt so much. Thank you for making it available to us

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!