Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Favorite Finish Monthly Linkup - April 2019

Welcome to April's Favorite Finish Monthly Linkup!


I have been busy with spring break, my first ever quilting retreat, and preparing to teach at the NC Quilt Symposium.  I have had a few finishes, but unfortunately I have to keep those under wraps for a little while longer.

During the retreat, I actually finished 5 quilt tops (some were almost done, others had fabric cut), a needle book, and 5 pincushions.  Plus, I ate too much good food and had fun hanging out with all of the other quilters.  The retreat was at Wildacres Retreat and I thought that this sign was very fitting...


Here are three of the quilt tops I finished during the retreat...



A charity quilt I made using some fun kids designs printed on corduroy.



A charity quilt sewn from blocks made by members of the guild. (Modeled by Oreo the cat)


Ready for the party?  

Here is a reminder of the party details:
  • The linky party will open at 12:01am EST on the last day of the month and will be open for 5 days, through the 4th at 11:59 pm EST.
  • You can link up both blog posts and Instagram posts to the party.
                Marci Girl Designs has an excellent tutorial on how to link up a Instagram post to Inlinkz.
  • If linking a blog post, I ask that you please add a link back to the party (and the button graphic if you would like).
  • Please visit at least 3 other links (and preferably leave comments) to share the love and celebration :)
I hope you join in by checking out the posts or linking your favorite finish of the month!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter



6 comments:

  1. That's quite a list of finishes. The quilts are lovely, and Oreo looks adorable!!

    Thank you for hosting.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheryl. Boy did you get a lot done at retreat. Good for you! Your kitty looks pleased too. I'm not usually so productive when I sew with others. I finally have a finish plus a blog post so thought I'd join the party. Nice to meet some new to me bloggers too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am amazed that you were able to work on five tops at a quilt retreat. I tend to be overstimulated and can't focus on sewing since I'm constantly looking at what others are doing or maybe I'm just not used to the noise. BTW, Oreo sure has big "Where Were You Eyes". Good luck with teaching at the symposium.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yay, you were able to get Triangle Transparency pieced! It looks great. Do you think you will quilt it yourself? I hope you have a great time at the NC Quilt Symposium. I look forward to hearing more about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sign is great! Also congrats on your finished quilt tops. You must have been sewing full speed at that retreat :) Looking forward to seeing more of your top secret stuff whenever it is ready. xo Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to get used to this new link up....and get caught up on blog reading LOL You were quite productive at retreat.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!