Wednesday, December 28, 2022

My Best of 2022



Hi and welcome to my stop on the Best of 2022 blog linky party!  I had such fun going through my posts from the year to figure out which 5 posts I would be highlighting today.  It was a great way for me to review the year and revisit some finishes from earlier in the year that I had forgotten about.  I'm looking forward to 2023, how about you?

Click on any of the titles to be taken to the actual blog post for more details and pictures.

1.  Melodic Mystery Quilt

The Melodic Mystery Quilt kicked off in July and is going strong.  If you want to join in the fun, you can find all of the information about the Melodic Mystery Quilt here.




2.  Macaron Mystery Quilt

The Macaron Mystery Quilt kicked off in July 2021 and wrapped up this April.  The reveal parade had almost 200 Macaron Mystery quilts in it!!  Check out all of the quilts here.  





Between the end of the Macaron Mystery quilt along and the start of the Melodic Mystery quilt along, I hosted a quilt along for the Just One Charm Pack Quilts book.  There were three "official" patterns from the book as part of the quilt along, but there were versions of each book pattern made.  You can see some of the finishes here.








4.  Checkers Pattern

One of my favorite patterns this year was Checkers, a fun, fat quarter friendly twist on the classic nine-patch design.  You can see more pictures and read about the quilt here (you can find the pattern in my shop in both digital and print versions).





5.  Favorite Tutorial - "ele" Quilting Design

My favorite tutorial for the year was my "ele" quilting tutorial where I showed how to add some simple loops using the grid of the quilt top piecing to create a fun and easy quilting design.

I even figured out how to make a video showing how to quilt it!  See the video and blog post here.

And remember, the Board & Batten Quilt Along is starting soon (January 5th) so grab your pattern and pick out your fabric to join in.



Thanks for stopping by my blog!  I hope you will consider linking up your favorite posts from 2022 or stopping by to see other blogger's best of 2022 posts!  You can visit the Best of post right here.




 

 

 




6 comments:

  1. You had a really full year, Cheryl, and I look forward to seeing what you have to share in 2023!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've had a great year & I've enjoyed too, with participation in the Macron Mystery QAL & gifting to a friend in UK whose daughter finally got married after many Pandemic cancellations. I also loved using your Charm Pack book, another quilt which is still with me. Looking forward to the B&B QAL & your new book. Thanks for hosting so much, take care & hugs from down under.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tough I have not managed to participate in one of the mystery sew alongs yet, I am always impressed by all the work you put into them. So I am glad to hear they feature very high in your top 5. And your book quilts all looked very yummy! A big accomplishment. So I hope you celebrate all you acchieved in 2022 and all the best for 2023! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a busy year you've had, Cheryl! Here's to 2023 being as creative and fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mystery quilts are always such fun, they one of my favorite things each year. You had a great 2022, here's to an even better 2023.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a good year you have had. I love your book and plan to make something from it this year! Last year was a bit off track (broken ankle), but this year has 2 retreats in spring so I think one will definitely make the list!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!