Wednesday, December 14, 2022

2022 Goal Review and 2023 Goals

Where did 2022 go?  Is it just me or was it just the spring?  Wasn't September last week?  My kids are now in high school and middle school and all of their school work and after-school activities has made the time fly by.

My wonderful bloggy friend Yvonne, who blogs at Quilting Jetgirl, hosts an annual planning party to layout goals for the upcoming year. I thought that I would use this post to first go back to my 2022 goals to see if I had actually accomplished them and then post my 2023 goals.  See her post here.



2022 Goal Check-In

Due to the uncertainty of life this year, I kept my goals for 2022 pretty simple...and I was able to accomplish them :)

  1. Working on my next book - this is going to be taking a good amount of my time this upcoming year. - Done, woohoo!  Just Two Charm Pack Quilts releases May 2023.
  2. Teaching - I hope to teach more in-person next year and work on some new workshops.  Done, I have done tons of teaching, both in-person and virtual and have enjoyed seeing quilters again.
  3. Mystery quilt - the next mystery quilt will kick off in July 2022 and the design is actually already set. Done, the Melodic Mystery quilt along is in progress.

2023 Goals
  1. Just Two Charm Pack Quilts book launch.  This will be my main focus of next year, preparing all of the launch content.  I hope to have videos, a virtual trunk show, giveaways, and more.
  2. Next mystery quilt - My next mystery quilt along will kick off in July 2023 (right after the book launch) so I want to make sure I have everything set a little early this year.  I have a rough idea of the design.  Any ideas on naming the mystery quilt?  I always use an "M" word.
  3. Kids - I had a bit of panic when I realized that my oldest would be graduating high school in 2025.  I need to soak in all that I can while they are still little

 




9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on accomplishing all of your 2022 goals. I haven't taken a look at my goals yet, but I know I wasn't able to get to them all. Thankfully there is always next year. :) I hope that you can soak in everything with your kids while they are still at home over the next few years, and I am so excited for your next book launch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about Magnitude??? There's a number of meanings for that, but mostly I think that life is enormous in many ways, and your patterns are always easy to change the size (magnitude) of the quilt. Thank you so much for these BOMs, I always love doing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on being wise enough to set simple goals and being diligent enough to accomplish them. Though getting a book ready and accepted for publication is no small goal. Good luck with your 2023 goals. You are wise to target soaking up the next couple of years with your oldest. High school goes so fast and so does college. You won't be sorry if you make that a priority.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on the goals and congrats on your new book! Wish you the best in 2023!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How great that you simplified the number of goals. Though some are pretty big tasks! Congrats on getting them all done and all the best for next year. Great idea to also prioritize family - I am sure you have always done that but to focus on it will make it "even better" ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. 3 from 3 - that's a great score! I hope I can come close.
    My eldest has just graduated and is leaving home in Jan so I understand the panic. It's very bittersweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I look forward to seeing your new book. Looks like an exciting year for you with big changes. My oldest graduated in 2020, so I kind of know how that feels.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!