Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Board & Batten Quilt Along - Cutting

 


Welcome to the official kick off of the Board & Batten quilt along!  Are you joining in?  Please share what fabrics you are using and which size you are making on social media using #boardandbattenqal and in the MMD Facebook Group.  You also always find all of the information and links to the QAL at the main Board and Batten Page.

If you would like to join the quilt along but still need a copy of of the pattern, you can find Board and Batten:
Meadow Mist Designs Pattern Shop

Etsy Shop

The quilt along runs from today, Jan 4th through March 1st with a post each Wednesday.  I have the schedule in the graphic above, but feel free to go at your own pace.  We will have prizes given out randomly to those that complete either a quilt top or quilt and the prizes include Aurifil thread, a fat quarter bundle, and more!

Board and Batten Weekly Instructions

This week we are tasked with cutting our fabric.  Follow the pattern instructions to cut the 4 ½" and 5" squares.

Here are my cut fabrics.  I am using charm packs of Honey by Alexia Abegg for Ruby Star Society and Kona Cotton in Pepper.



Questions?  You can leave them as a comment or email me at MMDmysteryquilts@gmail.com.


.


5 comments:

  1. Did I miss the January Mystery Quilt information? Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! The January Melodic Mystery quilt instructions will be posted tomorrow, the first Thursday of the month. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Yay! I'm ready to get started. I love your fabric choices. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute fabrics, Cheryl!!! I'm using 5" squares from my collection. I'm excited to make Board & Batten!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Using Kaffe Fassett collection 🤩

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!