Friday, June 19, 2015

Grande Scrappy Tiles Pattern Launch

I am excited to announce that my newest pattern, Grande Scrappy Tiles, is now available! You can find the pattern in my pattern shop (digital and print versions) and on Etsy.



Grande Scrappy Tiles is a super-sized version of my previous pattern Scrappy Tiles.  The original pattern was layer cake and scrap friendly (containing baby, toddler, and lap sizes) and so the pieces tended to be on the smaller side. 

I have been asked multiple times if the pattern can be enlarged to a twin or queen size quilt. The regular Scrappy Tiles pattern can be used to create larger sized quilts, but the number of fabric pieces starts to get a little ridiculous. 

To create the same look but with fewer pieces, I created Grande Scrappy Tiles, using the same block pattern as the regular Scrappy Tiles but making 24" square blocks instead of 12" square blocks. The result is the same great improvisational-looking quilt top only using many fewer fabric pieces.  The queen size quilt contains only 16 blocks.  



Grande Scrappy Tiles contains cutting instructions for 1/4 yard cuts and fat quarters as well as scraps. This pattern is perfect for your fat quarter bundle with larger scale prints you don't want to chop up into small pieces.

I had some absolutely wonderful quilty women pattern test and review for me and you can see all of their variations on the pattern below.  
And now onto the parade...


Shauna @ Shauna's World used all sorts of wonderful pinks and purples to make her quilt.

Sandra @ Musings of a Menopausal Melon used some great pink floral prints along some coordinating colors and prints.

Lisa @ Sunlight in Winter Quilts used red, blue, yellow, and black fabrics to make a fun primary color quilt.

Shelley @ The Carpenter's Daughter Who Quilts made her version with some cute cowboy prints and plaid fabrics.

Here is another version of Grande Scrappy Tiles my bee members made for me.





I would also like to give thanks to my reviewers Paige @ IG - Ptalexandersc, Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty, and Pamela @ Ti Amo Quilts. 

Once again, you can find the pattern in my pattern shop (digital and print versions) and on Etsy


23 comments:

  1. Cheryl, another great design! This is a great pattern done in a controlled color scheme to all scrappy. Loving all the color variations from your pattern testers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great design. I love that you can use some of the larger print fabrics. I'm always drawn to larger prints but never do projects that really work with them so this is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great pattern, this would make a great scrap buster project, too! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great pattern to help us use up those bits of stash.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and seeing the design in so many different fabrics is wonderful! Love that the blocks are 24"...huge! Congrats on another great pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to get the large size quilts without a lot of piecing; I am so excited by large blocks these days myself! Congratulations on another pattern release!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on another great pattern. This design is perfect for so many different types of fabrics and prints. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pattern! And it looks like it would be beginner friendly. I will have to show this to my daughter when she returns from camp.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have your Scrappy Tiles pattern but I'm excited for the Grande version. I've been hoarding fabric that will be perfect for this larger pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This pattern really makes any fabrics look great, as proven by the testers....from old fashioned to western to modern. Hope I can win a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cheryl this is such a wonderfully classic pattern! It's very reminiscent of the first quilt I ever made which is making me very nostalgic to go home and snuggle under that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great pattern - I especially like Shauna's version!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just beautiful quilt and congratulations on a great pattern.Love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great pattern! Thank you for sharing the photos of how it looks in different colour ways too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved making this block for our bee, Cheryl. It's so quick and rewarding! And I know EXACTLY what fabric I want to use to make a whole quilt. Whitewashed Cottage by Moda. I'm actually sewing up something else in it right now, so maybe I'm a little obsessed. But this pattern is perfect for the shabby chic feel of that fabric line.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are so good with these scrappy patterns. Each version looks fabulous!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  18. It really does look improvisational, but without the maker having to figure out how to fit the pieces all together., How fun Cheryl! I like the way everyone's quilt looks so different too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great pattern. I agree with Lara that it look improvisational. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!