Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Midnight Mystery Quilt - More Quilt Kits

I am so excited and surprised by the number of people joining in on the Midnight MysteryQuilt!  

Pile O'Fabric (one of the quilt-a-long's sponsors) originally offered two Midnight Mystery Quilt Kits (in a 1st colorway and a 2nd colorway) and both colorways sold out in about a week!  I have worked with Alyssa and we have created a 3rd, 4th, and 5th colorway which are now available.

Both kits include all of the fabrics needed (6  yards total) to make the quilt top and the binding (backing not included). 

These kits are a great way to get fabrics for the quilt-a-long if you are nervous about picking colors or don't have enough large cuts of fabric to use in the quilt.

Each of the kits are $52 with free shipping within the domestic US. 



Colorway #3

Yellow/Green Print - Fabric Set A – 1 yard
Light Blue Print - Fabric Set B – 1 ¼ yards
Turquoise Solid - Fabric Set C – 2 ½ yards (Includes ⅝ yard for binding)
White Solid - Fabric Set D – 2 ⅛ yards

Colorway #4
(note that the binding is included in Fabric B, not Fabric C as in the other Colorways)

Pink Print - Fabric Set A – 1 yard
Black Print - Fabric Set B – 1 ⅞ yards (Includes ⅝ yard for binding)
White/Ivory Solid - Fabric Set C – 1 ⅞ yards
Gray Solid - Fabric Set D – 2 ⅛ yards

Colorway #5

Deer Print - Fabric Set A – 1 yard
Plaid Print - Fabric Set B – 1 ¼ yards
Orange Print - Fabric Set C – 2 ½ yards (Includes ⅝ yard for binding)
White Solid - Fabric Set D – 2 ⅛ yards

Note:  If you purchase a quilt kit, the fabrics will not come labeled as A, B, C, or D, 
please refer to this post to label your fabrics.

For the un-mystery quilters - I have renderings of the quilt in each of the colorways, just e-mail me if you would like to see them.



7 comments:

  1. How exciting! I think it is awesome the first kits sold out and you got to make more!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of a mystery quilt but in practice I think I would hate it. Great colors though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos to you Cheryl! And to Alyssa...but I think you have a pretty loyal following here, just sayin'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good mystery too. I've never done a QAL in all the years I've been quilting. I have so much stash - similar to all five colorways - the solids - no problem. The prints are similar in size, and work well with the solids. Can I use my stash in the same amounts as listed in the directions? Or should I definitely buy one of the colorway bundles? Thanks. BTW, when does this QUL officially begin. Thanks, Cheryl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cheryl
    I'm considering this as my QAL- can you email me what this would look like? @ mymodernfairytale12@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am new to quilting, but have always loved to sew. I just completed my first quilt (an Irish chain with appliqued shamrocks), and am working on my 2nd (scrappy star) and 3rd (Aperature from the book Quilt Lab). I would love to do this Mystery Quilt-a-long! Please add me to the list. palirish@sbcglobal.net I am partial to Colorways #1 so will look for similar fabric.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!