Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Midnight Mystery Quilt - More Quilt Kits

I am so excited and surprised by the number of people joining in on the Midnight MysteryQuilt!  

Pile O'Fabric (one of the quilt-a-long's sponsors) originally offered two Midnight Mystery Quilt Kits (in a 1st colorway and a 2nd colorway) and both colorways sold out in about a week!  I have worked with Alyssa and we have created a 3rd, 4th, and 5th colorway which are now available.

Both kits include all of the fabrics needed (6 ⅞ yards total) to make the quilt top and the binding (backing not included). 

These kits are a great way to get fabrics for the quilt-a-long if you are nervous about picking colors or don't have enough large cuts of fabric to use in the quilt.

Each of the kits are $52 with free shipping within the domestic US. 



Colorway #3

Yellow/Green Print - Fabric Set A – 1 yard
Light Blue Print - Fabric Set B – 1 ¼ yards
Turquoise Solid - Fabric Set C – 2 ½ yards (Includes ⅝ yard for binding)
White Solid - Fabric Set D – 2 ⅛ yards

Colorway #4
(note that the binding is included in Fabric B, not Fabric C as in the other Colorways)

Pink Print - Fabric Set A – 1 yard
Black Print - Fabric Set B – 1 ⅞ yards (Includes ⅝ yard for binding)
White/Ivory Solid - Fabric Set C – 1 ⅞ yards
Gray Solid - Fabric Set D – 2 ⅛ yards

Colorway #5

Deer Print - Fabric Set A – 1 yard
Plaid Print - Fabric Set B – 1 ¼ yards
Orange Print - Fabric Set C – 2 ½ yards (Includes ⅝ yard for binding)
White Solid - Fabric Set D – 2 ⅛ yards

Note:  If you purchase a quilt kit, the fabrics will not come labeled as A, B, C, or D, 
please refer to this post to label your fabrics.

For the un-mystery quilters - I have renderings of the quilt in each of the colorways, just e-mail me if you would like to see them.



7 comments:

  1. How exciting! I think it is awesome the first kits sold out and you got to make more!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of a mystery quilt but in practice I think I would hate it. Great colors though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos to you Cheryl! And to Alyssa...but I think you have a pretty loyal following here, just sayin'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good mystery too. I've never done a QAL in all the years I've been quilting. I have so much stash - similar to all five colorways - the solids - no problem. The prints are similar in size, and work well with the solids. Can I use my stash in the same amounts as listed in the directions? Or should I definitely buy one of the colorway bundles? Thanks. BTW, when does this QUL officially begin. Thanks, Cheryl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cheryl
    I'm considering this as my QAL- can you email me what this would look like? @ mymodernfairytale12@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am new to quilting, but have always loved to sew. I just completed my first quilt (an Irish chain with appliqued shamrocks), and am working on my 2nd (scrappy star) and 3rd (Aperature from the book Quilt Lab). I would love to do this Mystery Quilt-a-long! Please add me to the list. palirish@sbcglobal.net I am partial to Colorways #1 so will look for similar fabric.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!