Monday, July 10, 2023

Looking Glass Pattern Re-Release

It's pattern release day!  I am releasing a new version of the Looking Glass pattern!



You can grab a copy of Looking Glass for the special introductory price of $9.95 now through Friday July 14th.

My Pattern Shop - Digital and Print Versions (print versions will ship July 14/15th)
Etsy Shop - Digital Version

ABOUT THE PATTERN

The Looking Glass pattern was originally released back in 2015 and it has remained one of my favorites and best sellers.  I do not often make a quilt more than once, but I have now made five Looking Glass quilts.  This pattern is just perfect for a quick finish and is just fun to sew.

The pattern needed a refresh so this new release has a new cover quilt, additional quilt sizes, instructions, more pre-cut cutting options, and more.


ABOUT THE FABRIC

For the new cover quilt, I used Tomato Tomahto by Kimberly Kight for Ruby Star Society along with Moda Bella in White.

I had some speckled fabric pink fabric from Ruby Star that I had just enough of for the binding and I backed the quilt with some Kaffe shot cotton I had in my stash.  The shot cotton is a little on the thin side and I find makes the quilt drape well.




ABOUT THE QUILTING

I was originally going to quilt this quilt with a large paisley design (like in the Spinning Stars quilt), but after I basted the quilt and looked at it again, I felt that the scale of the paisleys would be too large so I decided to instead do a smaller scale bear claw like design.






PATTERN DETAILS

Looking Glass is perfect to use up some of your pre-cuts and scraps sitting in your sewing room.  Just pair the pre-cut with some background yardage and you have the quilt ready to start!

The pattern is charm pack, layer cake, fat quarter, and scrap friendly and contains instructions for baby, toddler, lap, twin, and queen sizes.

Looking Glass is perfect for a confident beginner, the blocks are easy to assemble and the seams all nest together.

The pattern is on sale in my pattern shop and on Etsy at a special introductory price of $9.95 now through Friday, July 14th (midnight ET).  Once you make an Looking Glass quilt of your own, you can share it via social media using the hashtag #LookingGloassQuilt.

In both my pattern shop (digital and print) and Etsy, you can combine this intro sale price with an additional coupon for more savings. Use the code "TWOPATTERNS" for $2 off 2 patterns and "THREEPATTERNS" for $4 off 3 patterns.









ADDITIONAL LOOKING GLASS QUILTS

I love seeing how the quilt pattern looks with different colors, prints, backgrounds and more. It gives me an idea of the versatility of the design and it is so fun to see the different options.  I have actually made this quilt five times over the years, here are the pictures:

1. Baby size
2. Lap size
3. Lap size
4. Twin size
5. Lap size











MANY THANKS

I would like to thank Yvonne @Quilting Jetgirl for her amazing tech editing skills!!




ALREADY HAVE A COPY OF THE OLDER LOOKING GLASS PATTERN?

The new version of Looking Glass has been sent out to everyone that purchased Looking Glass through my pattern shop.  If you have purchased a copy of Looking Glass, you can email me at cheryl@meadowmistdesigns.com and I will send you a new, updated version.





Remember, you can get a digital version of the Looking Glass pattern in the Meadow Mist Designs pattern shop (digital and print) and Etsy for only $9.95 through Tuesday, July 11th (midnight ET)

You can combine this intro sale price with an additional coupon for more savings (these codes work for both my shop and Etsy). 

Use the code "TWOPATTERNS" for $2 off 2 patterns and "THREEPATTERNS" for $4 off 3 patterns.






3 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!