Thursday, April 27, 2023

Malted Mystery Quilt-Along Announcement!!!

I am very excited to announce that the next mystery quilt, the Malted Mystery Quilt, will begin on Thursday, July 6th! 



The Malted Mystery Quilt is a free quilt-along that will run from July 2023 through May 2024 with a set of directions revealed the first Thursday of every month.  This slow pace makes for a fun and stress-free quilt along!

We will kick off the quilt-along on Thursday, July 6th with the fabric requirements and some helpful hints to pick fabrics and colors (you will have an entire month to gather fabrics before the cutting instructions in August).

Here are some more details about the upcoming mystery quilt...

Quilt-along Instructions - 

There is no sign-up for the mystery quilt.  All of the mystery quilt information and instructions will be posted to this blog. Within each instructional post, there will be a link to an easy to print, downloadable version of the instructions. 

To make sure you do not miss any instructions, you can:

Visit the blog or main Malted Mystery Quilt Page on the first Thursday of each month. 

Look at the Facebook Group

Subscribe to the Meadow Mist Designs Blog via email (this will send all blog posts to your email address, not just the mystery quilt posts).


 
The Un-Mystery Quilt - Want to join in the fun but making a mystery quilt is not your thing? I totally understand and will offer a sneak peek of the design!  The sneak peek will be available as a linked document right on the blog starting July 6th.

The only rule is that you have to keep the design completely to yourself as to not spoil anyone else's surprise.


Facebook Group - We have 10,000 active members in our Facebook Group (Meadow Mist Designs Facebook Group) sewing together! Join the group today so you can share and see everyone else's fabric, progress pictures, and finished quilts.







 

 




13 comments:

  1. So I still have time to finish last year's mystery first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU!!! for continuing the pre-reveal feature. I simply cannot NOT plan my quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see the beautiful quilts made during the Malted Mystery Quilt Along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been doing your mystery quilts since 2017 and can't wait for Malted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait for another mystery! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheryl I really appreciate that you offer the un-mystery. Several years ago I participated in my 1st qal and at the end I wasn’t happy with the results so moving forward if I plan on joining in a qal I collect the instructions each week/month and at the end when the quilt is revealed I make my plan. I am a much happier quilter. I am looking forward to another of your un-mystery 🤭 qal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops forgot to include my name and email. Debbie quiltshopemails@gmail.com

      Delete
  8. Looking forward to this one as I didn't have time for last years, though I did the Board & Batten sewalong.
    Your Macaron Mystery is well loved by it's recipient, as is the Magnolia Mystery. Thinking of fitting colours already (smile). Thanks, take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you have a sneak peek. I don't like not knowing what I.m working on. Thank You for all your quilt alongs. Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeh!!! Another one. I have loved ❤️ the ones of yours I have done. Appreciate the sneak peek

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have not done a mystery before. I really like that you understand we might want to have a little view first. I will be watching for the first posting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Will there be enough fabric to starch?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!