Saturday, April 15, 2023

Just Two Charm Pack Quilts - Book Quilts in Two Colorways

One of the most popular features of my previous book, Just One Charm Pack Quilts, was how each pattern was shown in two different colorways.  I think that seeing a quilt pattern with different colors and prints makes it so much easier to imagine and plan out your own quilt using that pattern.  

Because quilters found it so helpful, I had make each quilt in the book twice in different colorways (I had the help of 16 quilters making the second version of each pattern).

I'd love to do a mini little trunk show showing off some of the patterns from the book.  You can also watch the video about the quilts:

Just Two Charm Pack Quilts - Two Colorways Per Pattern Video


MORE FISHIES

The Just One Charm Pack Quilts book had a pattern in it called Fishies.  It was one of the most popular (and one of my favorites) so I had to come up with a new fish design, this one called More Fishies.

The two colorways show off light blue and navy backgrounds along with different prints.


BETTY

The blocks in this quilt reminded me of granny squares so I named this quilt after my Grandmother Betty.  I love how the blocks on the version on the left each look a little different depending on where the prints are placed in the block.  The version on the right uses the same colors in the same areas within the block for a scrappy, but more cohesive look.


DIAMOND HASHTAG

Diamond Hashtag was made using a beautiful green as a background and a cream as a background.  The fabric A that forms the hashtag pops more against the background and prints in the version on the left and blends in more with the prints in the quilt on the right.


ABBY & KATIE

This quilt was named after two of my pets that are no longer with us, my cat Abby and my yellow lab Katie.  Because this quilt uses two different blocks I decided I would name it after both of them together.  The cream colored background version on the left with much more subtle than the more bold version on the right. 



SPECIAL SIGNED BOOK BUNDLE

Hop over to the Pre-Sale Bundle blog post to see the special deals for the launch of Just Two Charm Pack Quilts.  The pre-sale kicks off on Monday!






 





6 comments:

  1. Love seeing all of these, especially in the unusual background/contrast colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for my book! I do love seeing 2 color options, helps me see possibilities. Thank you, Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Diamond Hashtag with the green background! Can't wait to get my hands on your new book. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having two colorway versions of each quilt is such a beautiful way to showcase the versatility of your designs. I can't wait to see all the other quilts from the book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always fun to see multiple possibilities, especially dark versus light backgrounds. I can't pick a favorite, I like all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am just so excited about the book bundle and the patterns... It was so hard to choose that I came back and ordered another, in less than 5 minutes... A first for me! Like I said, too hard to choose, they are all so pretty 😍

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!