Friday, July 12, 2019

Mosaic Mystery Quilt ++ My Fabrics

I am happy to share today the fabrics that I will be using for my version of the Mosaic Mystery quilt.  I am using all Painter's Palette solids by Paintbrush Studio Fabrics.



I had the opportunity to learn and try out these solids a few years back during a block hop for the New Quilt Bloggers group.  This brand of solids quickly became one of my favorite solids to work with. I would estimate the weight and feel of the fabric somewhere between a Kona and a Bella, a really nice weight and thickness.

Painter's Palette solids wash great, have a wonderful hand, and are one of the least fraying solids I have ever worked with. You can see all of the available colors here and PBS even has a chart showing matching Aurifil colors.

Paintbrush Studio Fabrics generously provided me with the fabrics I am using for the Mosaic Mystery quilt.  If you would like to make your quilt using Painter's Palette solids, you can find almost every color (plus a color card) available at Pineapple Fabrics.  The solids are only $6.99 per yard!


Fabric A - 134 Tomato

Fabric B - 049 Coral

Fabric C - 100 Aruba

Background - 000 White

Binding - 050 Cadet

Backing - 048 Pale Pink

The Mosaic Mystery quilt is just getting started so I hope you decide to join in!  All of the information about the quilt along can be found on the Mosaic Mystery Quilt page.  Remember, you can link up your fabric selections yesterday's post to win some great prizes.





4 comments:

  1. This pull is great Cheryl. Super pretty palette. Love the dark choice for the binding. It will be the perfect frame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red and aqua is a great combination. Will be looking out for your progress pictures :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful colour choices Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!