The Sea Star quilt pattern is a great combination of a plus sign block and a star block. The pattern contains instructions for 5 different quilt sizes including baby, lap, twin, queen, and king as well as fabric requirements and cutting instructions for several different colorway versions of the design.
- The first version (cover quilt) is made with fat quarters and/or ¼ yard cuts for the plus signs and half square triangles (HSTs) with a single fabric for the background.
- The second version is a two-tone version using a single fabric for the plus signs and HSTs and a single fabric for the background.
- The third version is a completely scrappy version, giving fabric piece amounts to create scrappy plus signs, HSTs, and/or background.
I had some absolutely wonderful quilty women pattern test and review for me and you can see all of their variations on the pattern below. Seven of my testers are holding giveaways for the digital version of the pattern so you have 7 chances to win!
- Shauna @ Shauna's World
- Hayley @ MooBird Stitches
- Shelley @ The Carpenter's Daughter Who Quilts
- Beth @ Cooking Up Quilts
- Chelsea @ Patch the Giraffe
- Paige @ PTAlexanderSC (Instagram)
- Anna @ Fresh Dew Drops
Please hop over to their blogs and enter :) And now onto the parade...
Beth @ Cooking Up Quilts used yellow and orange fabrics in her baby sized version. She used the same print within each grouping of 3 HST making a cool secondary star pattern.
Hayley @ Moobird Stitches used soft yellows and aquas to create an wonderful ombre effect in her baby sized version.
Shelley @ The Carpenters Daughter Who Quilts used some cute puppy print fabrics for the pluses and coordinating solids for the half square triangles.
Emilee @ (IG - Amelialoveskat) created a fun scrappy pieced version with tons of negative space.
Camille @ (IG - Camillesquilting) used pink solids against a low volume scrappy background to create this sweet lap sized quilt.
Anna @ (Fresh Dew Drops) used yellows for her half square triangles and gray for her plus signs.
Rita - used 30's reproduction fabrics with a pattern fabric for her background.
Sunlight in Winter Quilts is using a fun blue and yellow print combined with coordinating solids for the HST.
Patch the Giraffe used some cool colors in a sea theme for her quilt. She made the baby version and added an extra row of blocks.
Just as a reminder: The pattern is now available in my PayHip store, on Etsy, and on Craftsy for $6 for two weeks (until July 11th). Also, the Grande Scrappy Tiles is on sale for 1 more week.
I am linking up to Link a Finish Friday, Whoop Whoop Friday, Thank Goodness Its Finished Friday, Finish It Up Friday, Fabric Frenzy Friday, and Show Off Saturday @ Sew Can She.