Thursday, March 23, 2023

Melodic Mystery ++ My Version

The Melodic Mystery is wrapping up and I am happy to share my version of the quilt.


Just a reminder...if you have made a Melodic Mystery quilt (quilt top or finished quilt), the deadline to submit your quilt for prizes is April 6th.  

You can use the linkup or you can email me your picture at MMDmysteryquilts@gmail.com and I will upload it for you.


MY FABRICS

I love Giucy Giuce fabrics so decided to use his Fabric from the Attic collection for Andover Fabrics (this is actually the third quilt I have made with this collection, it is one of my favorites).

For the backing, I went with a navy solid.  For the binding, I wound up not having enough of the print from the Fabric from the Attic collection so I went with a very old (circa 2011) Lotta Jonsdotter print.


MELODIC QUILTING

I used one of my favorite all over quilting designs for my Macaron Mystery, the meander or stipple design.  I love the texture this design gives and it is super quick to quilt. 

I used Aurifil Dove thread (50 wt) for the quilting which blended in well with all of the different colors in the quilt top.  I really like how the light gray thread shows up well on the backing (I always use matching top and bottom thread colors).




VIDEO

Here is a short video showing the back of the quilt:







QUILT ALONG INFORMATION


You can find all of the information for the Melodic Mystery quilt on the main Melodic Mystery Quilt Page and if you would like a full pdf, easy to print version of the pattern, you can find it in my pattern shop as the Melodic Mystery Quilt.





 




6 comments:

  1. I love the way the Fabric from the Attic prints are the star of the quilt with your selection of the other solids. It's beautiful and what a fun binding to finish it all off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like that version & I'm sorry I couldn't join in this one. Look forward to seeing the linkup & other quilters takes on this pattern. Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is stunning. I love your color choices. I have made your mystery quilts and was going to make this one when life got in the way ! I have all my fabrics ready to go. Thank you for being a great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wrote the above Jane Andresano. Dsrtjane@ msn.com

      Delete
  4. Cool quilt! And amazing how many quilt there are already in the parade. Fun to look at the different versions. I especially loved one with different value placement that results in a so different look. Always great when a design can do that :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!