Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Up the Ladder Pattern Release

I am happy to announce the release of my Up the Ladder quilt pattern !  The Up the Ladder pattern is now available (with a limited time intro price):

The throw sized version of Up the Ladder was initially released as part of the Quilt Theory collaboration.  It was a wonderful group of seven modern quilt pattern designers that created postcard sized modern quilt patterns.

Over the years I have been asked about the availability of Up the Ladder so I decided to expand the instructions (it went from the back of a post card to a four page, full color pattern with a coloring page) and also add a baby size layout.

Up the Ladder was inspired by traditional quilt ladders used to showcase and store quilts and is a scrap friendly design that combines beginner level piecing into a strong geometric design. 

This picture and all of the beautiful throw sized quilt pictures were taken by Michelle Bartholomew.


FABRICS & MATERIALS

The throw sized cover quilt was made using Michael Miller Cotton Couture Solids.  The baby sized version was made using some scraps from my Camden Road quilt on a white background.

I used my favorite Warm & White batting by the Warm Company and Aurifil thread for the piecing and quilting.  


 Photograph by Michelle Bartholomew




ABOUT THE QUILTING

For the throw version of Up the Ladder I used a topographical looking all over quilting design.  For the baby version I went with a bear claw (sometimes also referred to as an open swirl) all over design.  Both designs are fun, beginner friendly and give a good texture to all of the white background fabric.






PATTERN DETAILS

Up the Ladder is a scrap friendly, modern quilt pattern that contains instructions for baby and throw sizes.  

The pattern is on sale in my pattern shop as a digital pattern at a special introductory price of $9.75 now through Friday August 2nd (midnight ET).  Once you make an Up the Ladder quilt of your own, you can share it via social media using the hashtag #UptheLadderQuilt.

In both my pattern shop and Etsy, you can combine this intro sale price with an additional coupon for more savings. Use the code "TWOPATTERNS" for $2 off 2 patterns and "THREEPATTERNS" for $4 off 3 patterns.








MANY THANKS

I would like to thank Yvonne @Quilting Jetgirl for her amazing tech editing skills and quilting ideas and to the entire Quilt Theory team.  I would also like to thank the Warm Company for the Warm & White batting (my favorite!).



MORE PICTURES

I just love Michelle's photography so here are a few more of her pictures...










PINTEREST 

I have been more and more active on Pinterest (check me out here).  If you would like to save Up the Ladder for later on your Pinterest boards, here are two pinnable images.






Remember, you can get the Up the Ladder pattern in the Meadow Mist Designs pattern shop and Etsy for only $9.75 through Friday, September 2nd (midnight ET)

You can combine this intro sale price with an additional coupon for more savings (these codes work for both my shop and Etsy). 

Use the code "TWOPATTERNS" for $2 off 2 patterns and "THREEPATTERNS" for $4 off 3 patterns.



 






1 comment:

  1. Quilt Theory was a fun and special group. I really love Up the Ladder and look forward to seeing all the versions people will make!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!