Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Day 1 - Just One Charm Pack Quilts - Book Hop Kick Off

 I am so excited to be kicking off the book hop for my new book Just One Charm Pack Quilts!    

The hop will be 9 days long and each day will highlight two quilts from the book as well as some additional quilter's versions of different quilts from the book.  In total, twelve quilters are joining in on the hop to bring you some additional colorways and takes on the quilts.  

You can find all links for the blog hop and more on the Just One Charm Pack Quilts page.  

Today's post is going to be highlighting the Windows and Medallion quilts from the book and Liz of Savor Every Stitch will be showcasing her Cat's Eye quilt, Debbie of A Quilter's Table will be sharing her Bowtie quilt, and Myra from Busy Hands Quilts will be sharing her Ship's Ahoy.  

Let's get started :)


Each pattern in the book uses a single charm pack, an additional fabric (called fabric A in the pattern) and a background fabric).  The book is the Hamburger Helper for charm packs, stretching one into a full quilt :)

You can grab a copy of Just One Charm Pack Quilts on Amazon or get a signed copy in my shop.  As a bonus, if you purchase a signed copy from my shop, you can get one additional free stand alone pattern (digital or printed) by using the code HOPPATTERN (through the end of the hop 7/29)



WINDOWS QUILT

The first quilt in the book is the Windows quilt pattern.  The charm pack squares are formed into blocks that looked like windows to me (with their sashing).   The quilt looks like it is pieced on-point was it is actually pieced in regular rows and columns.


In the first version of Windows in the book, which was pieced my me and quilted by Carol Alperin, I used a lighter fabric A and a darker fabric B.  This contrasts with the other version from the book pieced and quilted by Sandy Helsel that used a lighter background and a darker fabric A which gives the quilt a totally different look.




MEDALLION QUILT

Love medallion style quilts?  This version is made by turning some of the charm squares into two different sized half square triangles.  The first version for the book was pieced and quilted by Dana Blasi.  


My version used a darker colored background and I love how the colors pop on the black fabric.



The styled shot for the Medallion quilt is one of my favorites from the book.  I imaged when designing the quilt that it would be a great table topper and I love this beautiful shot of the quilt.




LIZ OF SAVOR EVERY STITCH - CAT'S EYE

Liz of Savor Every Stitch is an amazing quilter who creates beautiful fabric combinations that she then elevates using the most amazing quilting ever.  Like seriously ever.  Here is a sneak peek of her version of Cat's Eye, please head over to her blog post to see the entire quilt.




DEBBIE OF A QUILTER'S TABLE - BOWTIE

Debbie has a wonderful blog (if you do not follow her I encourage you to do so) that showcases all of her makes and her processes.  She creates beautiful improv quilts and has such a skill in combining different types and sizes of blocks into cohesive quilts.  

Debbie made a version of Bowties and I love how she used different colored solids as the charm pack and created an ombre design.  Here is sneak peek, please head over to Debbie's blog, A Quilter's Table, to see the full quilt.



MYRA OF BUSY HANDS QUILTS  - SHIP'S AHOY

Myra of Busy Hands Quilts is a fabulous quilt maker and pattern designer.  She has created many, many pre-cut friendly quilt patterns and offers most of her patterns in a multitude of sizes.  You will see Myra's work a lot during this hop because she made three (3!) different quilts from the book.  

Here is Myra's version of Ship's Ahoy.  Her colors are great and I love the quilting design!   Hop over to Myra's blog to see full pictures of her Ship's Ahoy.  


I hope that you enjoyed seeing these quilts and will check back tomorrow for more quilts :)







17 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilts! I know I will be using this book quite often. Great book Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun to see the variety of quilts from your book this morning... off to see the other stops on the book hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to show your book to my local quilting group. They loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to show your book to my local quilting group. They loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love all the designs. I already finished Bow Tie, it's all packaged up to mail to my dear friend for her daughter. I think of her daughter as mine-once-removed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome! I would love to see a picture of it!

      Delete
  6. I love so many of these, but I think the medallion one is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful start to feature the gorgeous designs in your book, Cheryl! Lots of inspiration to have us all running to dig out our stashed 5" squares and make beautiful quilts! Thank you so much for creating such fun and clever patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great designs and a fantastic dea. Can't wait to check out your new book. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so excited for the blog hop and looking forward to seeing lots of beautiful quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Big congrats on the release of your book!!! I'm looking forward to seeing all the beautiful quilts in the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The quilts you shared from your book are wonderful. It's hard to pick which one I like best. Congrats on your book release.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful quilts. I have some stranded charm packs that I want to play with, once I get the UFO list worked down a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All so amazing and I love that little 5” square split into four ..it blossoms so beautifully. Congratulations on the book publishing Cheryl.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!