Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Free Quilt Pattern ++ Rock and Roll Baby Quilt

Hi Everyone! As an OLFA Creator, I had the opportunity to create a new tutorial for the OLFA blog for June and I am happy to be able to share it with you!

**Update** When the OLFA blog was relaunched, this and many other tutorials were lost so I have republished the tutorial for the Rock & Roll Baby Quilt on my blog right here.


My good friends were going a baby boy due in a few months (they actually had him early last week!) and I wanted to make them a fun baby quilt for their shower.

Rock & Roll is very beginner friendly and a great way to use up scraps using the two at a time half square triangle technique. The blocks form X’s and O’s for lots of hugs and kisses.

The finished quilt measures 40 1/2″ x 52 1/2″. I used straight lines in the pieced sections and an open swirl design in the background. Aurifil 50wt thread in a light gray/blue to matched the background fabric and blended in great with all of the prints.



I hope you give the pattern a try!




6 comments:

  1. Very pretty quilt - very striking design! Best wishes to your friends and their bub; my son was delivered 12 weeks early and will turn 18years old in a couple of weeks - he's now a solid, strapping 6foot tall young man, so we were very lucky he was healthy right from the start. Your friends may go through quite a roller coaster over the next few months - I hope there are more ups than downs for them and bubs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great design and perfect way to use scraps...there are so many color/scrappy options!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun quilt to do with a set of leftover strip scraps. I’ll defini check out the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilt! The design looks deceptively complicated but has the basic piecing blocks. Great version of an x+o quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, and perfect for a boy, or a girl. 'Love the pattern and fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is this baby quilt pattern still available? I'd love to make one or two.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!