Friday, March 1, 2019

Sew Tiny Sampler Release Party

You probably have heard of and seen Kitty of Night Quilter's tiny piecing.  She did a 100 day challenge and sewed a block a day and then turned them into the cutest little sampler (the quilt and pictures of the blocks were highlighted in a QuiltCon exhibit last week).

The great news is that Kitty is releasing today a Sew Tiny Sampler pattern today that contains 16 paper pieced tiny blocks and she asked me to help spread the word.  Each block finishes at 1 ¼" square.

The sampler has a bunch of blocks to choose from, but which did I decide on?  The plus signs of course :) 


I decided to use some of the new Figo fabric I got from my QuiltCon goodie bag and the Figo booth.  The colors are wonderful.  Because the piecing was so tiny, I was able to use a mini charm square for each block.

I made two regular plus signs and two skinny plus signs and combined them into a pincushion.


You can find the pattern in Kitty's pattern shop, on sale for $10 for the first week (after that it will go up to its regular price of $15).






5 comments:

  1. Of course you chose the plus blocks!! The pin cushion looks perfect for your sewing room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! But way too tiny for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to making this pattern, but didn't realize how tiny the blocks were. Great to make them into a pincushion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - I just don't even know what to say. They are so pretty, and adorable in the pin cushion - yet so tiny. I just can't imagine. Great job putting the hexie papers next to it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!