Sunday, March 31, 2019

Favorite Finish Monthly Linkup - March

Welcome to the first Favorite Finish Monthly Linkup!


My favorite finish of March is a quick charity finish that I have not even had time to blog about (we just finished getting new carpet in the upstairs so blogging time has been limited).

Back many years ago, I made a Swoon block (pattern by Camille Roskelley).  I had thought about making a Swoon quilt, but after one block I did not feel like making anymore.  This lone block has been hanging out in my sewing room too long so I needed to be finished into something.

I added 5" (finished) borders to the 24" block to make a nice baby quilt that was the perfect size to use a single width backing.  A quick open swirl quilt pattern and some plaid binding finished the quilt.

This quilt will be donated to through the Greenville Modern Quilt Guild to the Greenville Hospital System for children when they are taken from their homes by DSS.




Ready for the party?  Here is a reminder of the party details:
  • The linky party will open at 12:01am EST on the last day of the month and will be open for 5 days, through the 4th at 11:59 pm EST.
  • You can link up both blog posts and Instagram posts to the party.
                Marci Girl Designs has an excellent tutorial on how to link up a Instagram post to Inlinkz.
  • If linking a blog post, I ask that you please add a link back to the party (and the button graphic if you would like).
  • Please visit at least 3 other links (and preferably leave comments) to share the love and celebration :)
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter
I hope you join in by checking out the posts or linking your favorite finish of the month!

I am joining in on Julie of The Crafty Quilter's March UFO & WIP Challenge Link Up






14 comments:

  1. Hi Cheryl! Thanks so much for hosting this linky party. What a beautiful quilt you share for your favorite. I didn't have a problem picking my favorite! I'm going to add you button to my sidebar right now, and really look forward to visiting all the great fun finishes posted by others. What a great idea for a party! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheryl - Thanks for hosting this new linky party! It's nice to see what people are proud to have finished this month. Congrats on your Swoon finish - it will be well loved by whoever receives it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I do love a Swoon! I went thru quite the Swoon phase back in the day - big quilt, mini, single block quilts etc.! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea for a linkup, Cheryl. I'm excited to have something to share and look forward to seeing what everyone is proud of creating this month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for starting the new linkup! Next month I should have a finish to share.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great way to finish a lone block. It's a lovely baby quilt. Thank you for hosting the new link up.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for hosting the link up, Cheryl. It's fun to see what everyone has been working on. Your Swoon baby quilt looks beautiful. Great idea to convert the block into a useful size quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous quilt finish, Cheryl! So lovely to turn that block into a quilt that will bring comfort to a child.

    Thanks so much for hosting this fun link up party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this linkup! But although I had much progress in March - there was no finish. I will live through those of the others :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for this linkup. It's so nice to see what everyone if up to at the end of the month. Love teh swoon block.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect use for an orphan block. Thanks for hosting the fun new linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another great idea from the Meadow, ha! No mists in your mind though (unlike the mists of menopause here...) Love your one-block Swoon baby quilt and for a good cause. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Cheryl for this new linkup party & I'll drop by later to have a closer inspection of everyone's quilts. Had a slight mishap with the link but got there in the end. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!