Monday, March 7, 2016

Blithe Quilt with the Fat Quarter Shop and Art Gallery Fabrics



I am happy to be part of a lunch party for Fat Quarter Shop's newest free pattern, the AGF Stitched Blithe Quilt! As part of the hop, I got to go through all of Art Gallery's fabrics and pick out what I wanted to make my version of the Blithe Quilt out of (I will totally admit to having way too much fun playing with all of the fabric combinations).



After much drooling over the fabric pictures, I settled on using a bunch of prints from Fleet & Flourish by Maureen Cracknell for Art Gallery Fabrics for the triangles and the Paperie Stamped fabric from the Paperie collection by Amy Sinibaldi for Art Gallery Fabrics for the background.  I think that the Paperie fabric was perfect for the background, giving a more antique and soft look to the quilt.



I made the pattern as written to make the lap sized quilt. It went together much quicker than I thought it would, due to the excellent directions and the fact that the triangles were a really decent size (6" finished).

I quilted it using an open meander stitch to give the quilt great texture and keep it nice and soft. This was my first time trying the Triangles on a Roll; the half square triangles (HST) were easy and quick to make (and required no further trimming which was a definite bonus).

You get find the free pattern here and the video on how to make the quilt here.


I am saving this quilt to give to my husband's cousin for her wedding this summer, I think that it fits her personality and house very well.




21 comments:

  1. Those are great fabric choices and they work together so well. I love anything by AGF, and have been eyeing the Fleet and Flourish line. It looks great in your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your version Cheryl! I think the background fabric was a great choice to go with the beautiful triangle fabrics. It will be a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The prints you chose are beautiful in this quilt. It will make for a lovely wedding gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice size lap quilt! Great use of HST with a few squares thrown in, with a good mix of color in the fabric line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the background fabric, too, Cheryl. The pattern is nice in the different shapes it forms keeping my eye traveling around the quilt top. Lovely finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely version. I like how though many people used Maureen Cracknell's fabrics they quilts are all unique in their layout and represent the blogger who made them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I used some of these fabrics in my version too, they are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful selection of fabrics. I love how Art Gallery fabrics all go together fairly well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely collection of fabrics, Cheryl. I like the purple in there very much. It will make a wonderful wedding gift.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice version of this quilt. I love art gallery fabrics. They are so soft. I like the choice of open quilting as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it, such a simple design yet so effective! Thanks for sharing your take on it and sharing the link to the pattern! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love the new colors of Art Gallery and purple included! Your quilt is just beautiful! I think it will be a perfect wedding gift!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautifully done! Love the colors you choose for this project.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great fabric choice for the quilt style. I haven't tried triangles on a roll before although I have been tempted. It's great to have your opinion, thank you. Just linking up from Can I Get a Whoop Whoop.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love your fabric choices. Great job with this project!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is a beautiful quilt! Great fabrics/colours, and I love the way that the triangles/diamonds make every part of the quilt look interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful color selection. The fabrics are wonderful together,thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!