Friday, November 6, 2015

Mini Barn Quilt Finished

Disclaimer - I was provided the Mini Barn Quilt Kit for free by Terri-Ann of Childlike Fascination and Mini Barn Quilts, however all opinions are my own.



I have had the pleasure of getting to know Terri-Ann through being co-hosts of the 2015 New Quilt Bloggers Blog Hop this summer.  I remember when Terri-Ann first told us about her idea to create mini barn quilt kits with wood and fabric.  I loved the idea and could not wait until until she was ready to launch.

I was super impressed from the minute the kit showed up at my door.  The kit has professional packaging, great instructions and even a YouTube video...really the hardest part was picking out fabrics to use!  



Once I selected my fabrics I used Mod Podge to adhere the fabrics to the little wood shapes and a razor blade to trim the fabric on the shapes.



I then glued the pieces onto the base using Elmer's glue.  You can paint or stain the base, but I really liked the natural bamboo wood color so I left mine as is.

The base has little grooves on it to make attaching the wooden pieces to the base easily and accurately.  And here is my finish, you will notice that the middle fabric is different in the final version than the in-progress pics, I decided at the last minute that the first fabric was too pink and not a true enough red.



This kit was super fun to make and now I have some wonderful new artwork for my sewing room! You can order yours right here  :)  I'll leave you with a little peek at all 6 designs that are currently available.










13 comments:

  1. Great color and fabric choices in the end, Cheryl. I like the continuity of the white among them all. One of my favorite parts of the kit was the smell when I first opened the bag. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Yvonne! I love that smell too! One of my first jobs was at an unfinished wood furniture store so the wood smell has always been a favorite of mine. Now with hindsight in my favor it all makes sense actually!

      Delete
  2. I can't get over how cute these are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea! And those colors - they really do it for me. Great color combination. Good price on those kits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a fun idea! I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look very fun!thanks fot sharing, i want one now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your color selection. Brought mine up to do with my sister and forgot it there :(. Are you already thinking about your next?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice result! These are all so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love giveaways! I love, love QM magazine, too. I am subscribed to your emails! and love your mystery quilts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!