Sunday, August 30, 2015

Sunday Stash - August

I have decided to try to Sunday Stash reports on the last Sunday of each month to catalog my new fabric purchases and to keep me honest about how much fabric is really coming into my house each month.

In August, I had way to much fabric make its way to my house.  Some of it was due to new projects I am starting and some was due to some great sales (and I could not pass those up, right?).  

I picked up some color cards (Moda Bella and Michael Miller Cotton Couture) that will help me with picking colors for the Moda Bake Shop and some of the Modern Quilt Guild challenge quilts.



I received my 1/2 yard bundle pre-order of Hello Darling by Bonnie and Camille for Moda from Cotton Bliss.  I love all of Bonnie and Camille's collections, but this has to be one of my favorites.


Craftsy was having an awesome sale when I spied the fat quarter bundle of the 2013 New Summer colors I had to order it.  I had a charm pack of the colors which I used about a year and a half ago and have been searching for a bundle of the fabrics ever since.  It is such a great collection of colors.


Coats & Clark (which owns FreeSpirit, Rowan, and Westminster) is located just a few minutes from my house and they have a wonderful yearly sale.  This is the first time I went, but I will definitely be back next year.  I got a ton of Denyse Schmidt, Tula Pink, shot cottons, Joel Dewberry, Amy Butler, Parson Gray, Jennifer Paganelli, and Tanya Whelan.


I am hoping to have a much smaller report in September :)

I'm linking up with Sunday Stash with Molli Sparkles.




17 comments:

  1. I would love to come visit you next year for the sale... ;) It is going to be great to see everything you create with what you acquired this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an incredible amount added to your stash! I may have to try to vacation next year for that sale at Coats & Clark! So many gorgeous fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spectacular collection of beautiful fabrics. Have a wonderful time creating with each and every inch of the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that is an awesome amount of fabric. I can't wait to see what you do with it all. And if you find you don't have room for it, I will gladly "store" it for you....hehehee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so envious of your access to the Coats & Clarks annual sale. What a great opportunity to score some fabulous designer goodies! Can't wait to see what you do with them. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, what a pretty addition! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been tracking my stash for almost 5 years now and it has definitely helped me balance what I want to bring in vs. use. That sale at Coats & Clark sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great pile of goodies. I love that you bought bolts of fabric. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wowie wow wow!! If I lived next to coats and Clark it looks like I'd have to move!!!! Loving your stash additions :) Craftsy sales really help me to stock up on some quality merchandise, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!! That's some haul! Gorgeous picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I literally don't know what to say about your Coats and Clark haul... wow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can you tell me where the Coats & Clark sale is advertised and if the sale is open to the public? I live in SC and would loooove to make the sale next year if it's held in this state.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patty - You are a no-reply blogger so I have no way of replying to you via e-mail. The sale is held once a year in late August in Greer, SC (suburb of Greenville SC). If you send me your e-mail I can let you know about the next one (though this year I only had a few days notice before the event.

      Delete
  13. Beautiful new additions. I'm on a fabric diet this year. I way over indulged last year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can we coordinate a retreat around this sale next year????? Serious stash envy over here. I can't disagree with cashing in on some sweet summer sales, this month was a plus month. I think it's time for a net zero policy, I can only purchase as much as I sew each month. I'm drawing the line!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish you luck. I'd be afraid to post about my August purchases. But perhaps I should . . . Jealous of your close proximity to Coats and the possibility of all that Free Spirit/Westminster goodness. My favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Cheryl-Just found your blog through your post for Christa's new book. As I was noodling around, enjoying your quilts and writing, I found this post about the Coats and Clark sale. It is so presumptuous to ask, but I can't help myself. I'm in Asheville, NC, and would gladly, excitedly even, come down to SC for this. Is there a way that I could sign up to be notified of next year's sale? Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!