Friday, August 7, 2015

Poinsettia Pinwheels Pattern Release

In November of 2014 I had a Christmas pattern called Poinsettia Pinwheels published in the Fat Quarterly Magazine.  I am releasing it as a stand alone pattern now available in my pattern shop (digital and print versions) and on Etsy, just in time for a start on Christmas and holiday sewing.


Poinsettia Pinwheels is a fun and modern lap-sized Christmas quilt created by a repeating 18” (finished) quilt block. The pattern includes instructions for a 54" x 72" lap sized quilt, but the pattern can easily be made larger or smaller by adding or subtracting blocks. The pattern is not difficult, but it is time consuming with all of the half square triangles.

I made the quilt used Kona cotton solids by Robert Kaufman in poppy, red, pear, leprechaun green, and white. I added a lot of quilting to this quilt which is difficult to see on the front, but stands out well on the back.



I really like the graphic design of this quilt and how it is Christmas-like while still being a little different and more modern.  The pattern is available in the Meadow Mist Designs pattern shop (digital and print versions) and on Etsy.





10 comments:

  1. What a great pattern, Cheryl. I really like the way you quilted it and the change in thread colors from the back looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pattern! And great Kona choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous! I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A nice modern take on the poinsettia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pretty quilt is so festive, Cheryl. Now I'm thinking of candy canes and jingle bells and cozy evenings with a fire. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how, as you said, it is Christmas-y but different and modern. The variation between the two types of red and green and the on point setting make for a dynamic design combination. The quilting and the change of color is great, it reminds me of my Foothills Mystery Quilt, where that change of bobbin thread gives you a surprise on your backside. (That was not meant to be intentionally punny, it's too late and I should really be in bed!) Great quilt, and I will stop commenting now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Christmas quilt!! Although I wouldn't mind having it around all year long.

    -Soma @ whimsandfancies.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is STUNNING! :) Love the colors & everything about it! :) --Jodie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!