Sunday, August 3, 2014

Sunday stash - Birthday edition

Last Sunday was my birthday so I got a few quilty items as gifts and did a little shopping for myself too. 

I was visiting my sister and we were wondering around the cute little town of Leesburg when I saw a bunch of Aurifil in a store window and had to check it out.  It was the cutest little fabric shop called Finch Sewing Center.  The shop had quilting fabric (along with a bunch of linens and apparel fabric), and each bolt was amazing. The store had Cotton & Steel which I must admit I was not enamored with from pictures but in person it was pretty swoon-worthy.  I had to have a ton of restraint to not buy some of every bolt.  I also made some BD purchases from Fabric.com and Green Fairy Quilts.

Cotton & Steel from Finch and Fabric.com

Into the Woods from Green Fairy Quilts


Various prints including essex linen and some text prints from Finch and Fabric.com


I also got a new quilt book from my parents.  At first read it looks like it has a great collection of information and exercises.  I will do an in depth review once I have had a chance to try some of the exercises and quilts in the book.

I also got one other thing for my quilting room from my DH, a new chair!  I have been using a wooden kitchen chair with a pillow on it (two pillows on it while free motion quilting) so this chair has been a great improvement.  (I was going to try to take a picture of it in my sewing room but it was just too messy)



Happy Stashing!  I'm linking up with Sunday Stash with Molli Sparkles.





16 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! What wonderful quilty birthday gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Lots of wonderful quilty stuff to play with. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! Looks like you got some real goodies there... I've been seeing all the buzz about Cotton and Steel, but I really need to see it in person before I make any decisions. I like the ones you chose! And the new chair's definitely going to be a great addition to your sewing space - especially if you spend as much time in your chair as I do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to you! Enjoy your spiffy new chair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday. It seems like your family knows just what to get you for your birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy bday, Cheryl! And I have to say, I haven't really fallen in love with C&S, but the bundle you curated as awesome! The small intentional mix of color and prints you pulled is making my paypal fingers itchy ; )

    ReplyDelete
  7. The best thing you got was that chair! I have a good quality chair like that, and it has saved my back and shoulders. Make sure you give DH a great big hug for that one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! That is a great stash of Cotton and Steel. Into the Woods is another line that I have been eyeballing. A big YAY! on the new chair!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happiest birthday to you! What fun to find a new quilt shop and get such a great chair!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated birthday, Cheryl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy belated :) I hear you on the chair deal... yesterday my butt was not happy with me LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Belated happy birthday, Cheryl! Oh, I do like the way you've celebrated your birthday - great fabric choices and yippee for that comfy looking chair for your sewing. You remind me that I need to do a similar upgrade (also using a wooden chair with a extra foam cushion...;o).

    Can't wait to see what you decide to make with those yummy fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds and looks like you had a great birthday celebration! Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The new sewing chair is a wonderful gift! My chair changed my sewing life because I could finally sit comfortably! Enjoy all your presents and happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I got a chair from my hubby too when I stared sewing :) A very happy belated birthday, Cheryl! Have fun with your presents.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!