Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Candy Circle by Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty

Today, I would love to show you another quilter's version of Candy Circle, a free baby quilt pattern I wrote for the Moda Bake Shop.  

Michelle, who blogs over at From Bolt to Beauty, made such a wonderful version using the PB&J line by Basic Grey and has graciously allowed me to highlight her finish here on my blog.

Michelle is a mom to a five-year-old and a four-year-old and after a decade-plus of sewing bags and curtains and pillow covers, she has started quilting.  Her in-progress quilt post can be found here and the quilt finish is posted here.

Photo by Michelle of From Bolt to Beauty, used with permission

I absolutely love the PB&J line and think that it works wonderfully for this quilt.  I used the PB&J line for my Peanut Butter Pinwheels quilt which I recently gifted to my cousin for her wedding.  

Michelle added an extra border to the quilt to make it a little larger, plus she used one of my favorite prints from the line, the alphabet print, as the backing.
  


Photo by Michelle of From Bolt to Beauty, used with permission


Thank you so much Michelle for allowing me to share your finish!!


7 comments:

  1. I had so much fun piecing this quilt, Cheryl. And I already have my eye on a second design of yours. Here's hoping I can tackle it in time for Christmas! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. so so cute. I'm going to have to remember this one for my next baby quilt, the end results is just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! I made a huge quilt with this fabric and I still have a full jelly roll! May have to do this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did a BOM with this fabric, and had so much left over I also did this quilt using the same PB&J fabrics and I still have leftovers - am thinking about making some pillow covers next. This is a great pattern to use up leftovers with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still love this quilt, she showed it at our last guild meeting ... such a great pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how well the back goes with the front. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Turned out lovely ladies! Great pattern Cheryl and great quilt Michelle!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!