Monday, November 11, 2013

Charming Pattern

Back in the spring I released one of my first and still most popular patterns, Charming.  The pattern is a beginner friendly pattern using charm squares (or layer cakes).  The quilt I made using the pattern was a generous sized lap quilt using Marmalade from Bonnie and Camille.



I was honored to have met a fellow engineer and quilt lover Amanda who blogs over at the Fabric Engineer and was kind enough to have reviewed my pattern before its launch.  She has a wonderful sense of color and creates some wonderful quilts (you should check out her Mario Brothers quilt).  She also creates some really wonderful quilt patterns and paper pieced patterns that I have been lucky enough to test.

Amanda has recently made a baby quilt using Charming and it is so cute!  The pattern looks so different and wonderful with the different colors and prints Amanda used.  Her blue fabrics (I believe they are batiks almost look iridescent).


Charming is sold in my etsy and craftsy stores.


2 comments:

  1. This pattern suits it's name, perfectly, Cheryl! It's so lovely and very 'charming' (doesn't hurt that you also made it out of some of my favourite fabrics... ;o).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet quilt! It is one of those quilts that you see several possible block designs. If I start with first block it looks like it has a cross in the center. If you look at the white crisscross it looks like sash with a different block pattern. Cool design. Little baby quilt is cute too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!