Friday, October 4, 2024

New Camden Road Quilt

In honor of the Fat Quarter Frenzy digital quilt pattern bundle that is now on sale, I thought that I would make a new version of my Camden Road quilt that is part of the bundle.

I hosted a quilt along for the Camden Road pattern many years ago and I will admit that I never finished my quilt during the quilt along.  I had all of the pieces cut out and the flying geese made and then had to put the quilt on hold.  

I am so excited that I can cross this new version of Camden Road off my in-progress quilt list :)


I made this new, throw sized version of Camden Road using a bundle of older Maureen Cracknell for Art Gallery Fabrics combined with some Moda gray and white solids.

For the quilting, I used Aurifil Dove, a really soft gray thread in a paisley design.  


 For the backing, I did not really have any yardage that worked and almost purchased some wide back fabric for the backing, but instead decided to use my stash.

I had a lot of large scale prints from Maureen Cracknell that I loved, but had trouble using in my quilts.  It took some extra time, but I pieced those prints together into the backing.  I do not love making a pieced backing, but I do love a pieced backing.


Here is a close up with the binding, another Marueen Cracknell print.


Here is the original cover quilt and more information about the pattern:




I hope you enjoyed seeing my finally finished Camden Road quilt.  The colors remind me of fall so I am going to get the quilt washed and on my couch to snuggle with :)


FAT QUARTER FRENZY

As a reminder.... the Fat Quarter Frenzy in which the Camden Road pattern is a part of is going on right now.  

The Fat Quarter Frenzy contains 13 digital quilt patterns which are all fat quarter friendly for only $25.50 through Sunday, October 6th at midnight ET (that's less than $2 a pattern)!







1 comment:

  1. Love the new version in that colourway. I'm still contemplating the Marble Mystery, depending on my busy schedule. Take care & hugs from Oz.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!