Thursday, April 4, 2024

Malted Mystery ++ My Version

The Malted Mystery is wrapping up and I am happy to share my version of the quilt.




Just a reminder...if you have made a Malted Mystery quilt (quilt top or finished quilt), the deadline to submit your quilt for prizes is May 2nd.  

You can use the linkup or you can email me your picture at MMDmysteryquilts@gmail.com and I will upload it for you.


MY VERSION

I was originally going to go with some Tula Pink prints but I was not happy with some of the contrast between the prints so I dug into my stash and found some solids plus an old red Moda print. I used the same Moda print for the binding and a pink Grunge print for the backing.

I knew that I wanted an allover design for the Malted Mystery, but I wanted a very regular repeat pattern so I sent the quilt off to my good friend Delia Dorn of Willowlark Quilt Studio for some longarm quilting.  We picked out a kind of Baptist fan design and I think gives great texture while not taking away from the design. 

Did you know that Delia has opened up a new online fabric shop?  She carries tons of fabric, pre-cuts, patterns, and kits (lots of kits of Meadow Mist Designs patterns).



QUILT ALONG INFORMATION

You can find all of the information for the Malted Mystery quilt on the main Malted Mystery Quilt Page.  This page contains links to each set of instructions, how to link up, the Facebook group, and more.



MALTED MYSTERY QUILT PATTERN

The Malted Mystery quilt instructions will always be available on the blog, but if you would like a single pdf of the entire Malted Mystery pattern, it is now available in my shop for only $10 ($4 off the regular $14 price) through April 18th.

Are you looking for a good mystery quilt for your guild or other quilting group?  

Quilt Guilds and Non-Profits: Purchasing one copy of the Malted Mystery pattern allows the entire guild to use it, you do not need to purchase a copy for every member. You are free to give out hard copies of the pattern and/or e-mail the pattern to members, but are not allowed to post instructions on the internet (such as on a blog or other website).







4 comments:

  1. I love how your version came together! The red binding is the perfect frame and Delia's quilting creates a fabulous texture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your color palette really shines in your version. Thank you for another fun mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love your colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!