Monday, August 10, 2020

Swamp Rabbit ++ Summer Sampler 2020

 Today is my block's day for my block for the Summer Sampler 2020 :)

My block is called Swamp Rabbit after the walking/running/bike path that runs for over 22 miles through the heart of Greenville, South Carolina.  It is a favorite trail of my family's, especially because of an ice cream shop near the end with homemade, pink waffle cones!

The trail is mostly level with just a few peaks, just like the Swamp Rabbit block.

Here is a rendering of the block, I thought it might be fun to play around with it to see how it would look in a full quilt.

If you are taking part in the Summer Sampler I look forward to seeing your block!


About the Summer Sampler 2020

The Summer Sampler is a sampler quilt along hosted by LeeFaith, and Katie.  "Summer Sampler 2020: Easy-Piecing Summer" brings you 16 quilt block designs that are easier than they look. This block-of-the-week program will help you create an amazing quilt that only looks complex! Plus, the designers will give you easy-to-follow instructions and helpful hints every step of the way.  You can find out more information here.






14 comments:

  1. I love this block! Is there any way to get the pattern without signing up for the sampler quilt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Right now the only way to get the pattern for the block is by participating in the Summer Sampler, but I love the block so much that I am considering turning it into a full quilt pattern on its own (that I will release in the future).

      Delete
  2. It's really fun to know the details behind the name of the block. I might have a pink waffle cone on my mind all day... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this a free sampler? I can't find any way to download the block. No information on how to join.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful block. It is going to be a really pretty quilt for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your block. It’s modern and fits well with the others!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It’s my favorite block in the whole sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this block. Can't wait to sew it up. Sadly, I started cutting last night when I was tired. I first cut the 1 x 4.5 pieces as 4.5 squares. Then I realized by error and cut them 1.5 x 4.5. Duh!! So then cut them to the right size of 1 x 4.5 ... obviously, I didn't bother sewing after all that. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cannot find the page where I can find the earlier blocks. I signed up and didn't get them printed so I could start sewing. Where can I find all the previous blocks listed?

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very cool looking block. Some of the blocks in the sampler look very complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's so cool that we are neighbors, I live near the entrance of Paris Mtn State Park!! Love your block and the story behind it! Love that ice cream and Tandem crepes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome! Have you ever considered attending the Greenville Modern Quilt Guild meetings? They are great fun and the quilters are welcoming and wonderful.

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!