Tuesday, July 15, 2014

New Blogger's Group Bee - July

As part of the New Blogger's Hop hosted by Beth of Plum and June a number of bees were created by the members.  I know that a New Zealand / Australia bee was formed and I joined a US based bee that we are calling the New Blogger's Group Bee.

For this bee, the queen of the month sends out block instructions and we make two blocks from our own fabrics and send them to her by the end of the month.

This month, the queen bee was Pam of Sewing Wilde who sent out instructions on a variation on a log cabin block having a solid fabric combined with print fabrics having a white background that read as "light".

I thought that I was doing well, finishing my blocks by the 15th of July, but it turns out that I am one of the last two people to send in their blocks.  I never would have guessed that I would be the slacker sending my blocks in half way through the month :)

So here are my two blocks.  I will try to post a picture of Beth's finished quilt or quilt top when she sews it up.








10 comments:

  1. This looks like fun. It will be great to see the quilt all together! ~Shari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Hope we get to see the finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I never would have thought you'd be one of the last with a mid-month finish, either! Lots of eager bee members, which is awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the one with the birdie print.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are still timely, right? :) Curious, where do these "bees" post their instructions and how does one join?

    tushay3(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are awesome! I was shocked I had blocks in my mail box before July 1- Yes everyone was very happy to get started. So no slacking involved, pure excitement for everyone. Thank you Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wouldn't call you a slacker either! I love the birdie print in the yellow block :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty blocks, she'll love them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I pinned this block - really want to try it, looks so great for scraps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!