Friday, November 21, 2014

Looking Glass Pattern Release and Blog Hop

I am happy to introduce the Looking Glass Pattern and Blog Hop today!  The pattern is very charm pack and layer cake friendly and contains instructions for baby, lap, twin, and queen sized quilts.

You can get your own copy of Looking Glass in my pattern shop (digital and print versions) and on Etsy.



I had 7 wonderful women test and review the pattern for me and I am so grateful for them. To celebrate all of their wonderful versions of Looking Glass we are going to have a little Blog Hop.  Here is the schedule of the hop:


Friday November 21st: Cheryl @ Meadow Mist Designs  <-- me

Saturday November 22nd: Lin @ Lin's Quilts

Sunday November 23rd: Beth @ Cooking Up Quilts

Monday November 24th: Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty

Monday November 24th: Anna @ Fresh Dew Drops

Tuesday November 25th: Chelsea @ Patch the Giraffe

Wednesday November 26th: Shauna @ Shauna's World

Friday November 28th: Shelley @ The Carpenter's Daughter Who Quilts

My original version was the baby sized quilt using the Into the Woods collection by Lella Boutique for Moda.  




For the hop, I made a second version, the lap size using some of the red and pink prints from the Greenfield Hill collection by Densye Schmidt for Free Spirit. These fabrics were from my local quilt guild and this quilt will be going to our guild's charity.  I did not have enough of the prints so I added in some Kona ash and coal.
  


I quilted the white areas in a figure 8 design and added some feathers and swirls to the print areas because I just took a feathers class and was looking for an excuse to practice them.


Remember, you can get your own copy of Looking Glass in my pattern shop (digital and print versions) and on Etsy.

Thanks and I hope you enjoy all of the reviews versions over the next week!

If you decide to make anything from a Meadow Mist Designs pattern or tutorial, I hope you will consider adding it to the use the hashtag #LookingGlassQuilt and #MeadowMistDesigns when sharing on Instagram.




16 comments:

  1. I really love this pattern and can't wait to show mine off to everyone next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice quilting; the grays were a good addition. Always happy when a need creates a better design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love how it showcases a variety of fabrics without being too busy. And pre-cut friendly is wonderful. Great job! ~Shari

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, congratulations on another pattern release! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. First your fantastic block in the magazine, and now this super versatile and easy-looking pattern! This is a very inviting quilt design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pattern - I love the DS version!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done. That must be so exciting. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the release of your newest, lovely pattern, Cheryl! I love the version made using the Into the Woods line, but can imagine so many fun possibilities with your great design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! I would like to make mine with Christmas fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clever pattern! Batiks would be my fabric of choice. -- soparkaveataoldotcom

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yours came out awesome! Just wrote my post ... ready to go Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hiya Cheryl!!! Lovely quilt pattern. I can see it in so many different colorways---batiks, Christmas, spring brights. I can definitely see myself making this one. Thanks. Blessed be, hugs!!! Pam
    pamspretties57 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. An easy, quick pattern that is full of color. I like it.

    tushay3(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun pattern! I'd love to make a quilt with this pattern!
    nicolesender(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful here too...you got the feathers down as well as the swirls! I love the mixing of the quilting patterns in your new pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!