I have finally finished my Charity Quilt. As part of the Foothills Piecemakers Quilt Guild, members make blocks, make quilt tops, and/or quilt the quilt. I did not make this quilt top but offered to quilt and bind it. I used this quilt to try out and practice some new FMQ patterns.
I took the quilt top at our July meeting (holding head in shame that it has been so many months). I had is basted and ready to go in mid-October (This quilt was featured in my WIP Wednesday posting on October 16th.)
I decided to try out a blooming flower type FMQ. It took some time getting used to this pattern and getting my hands and brain to cooperate. In the beginning I was moving the quilt to fast then I would wind up catching the large stitching loops on my FMQ foot so this quilt took a lot longer than I had planned on.
But it is finally finished and was handed into our philanthropy chair at yesterday's meeting!
For my second finish:
I also finished up my custom combined cathedral window pincushion / thread catcher I have been working on (I described my process here). I really enjoyed figuring out how to make the set connected (using a button) and all of the different dimensions. I have a custom set listed on etsy now.
Not a finish but a start...
Here is a sneak peek of my newest pattern I am working called Vintage Stars. I am making the test quilt out of Scrumptious by Bonnie and Camille.
I typically have not shown many in progress pics and details about my patterns, but with this one I thought that I would share more of my process I use to write quilt patterns.
I am linking up to Link a Finish Friday, Whoop Whoop Friday, Thank Goodness Its Finished Friday, Finish It Up Friday, and Sew Cute Tuesday.