Friday, June 28, 2024

Woodshire Pattern Release

🌱It's pattern release day!  Woodshire is now available!



You all know I love charm squares and I'm back with another fun design!  Woodshire follows the same format as my Just Two Charm Pack Quilts book using 2 charm packs (or 8 fat quarters) plus an additional fabric and a background fabric.

The skinny striped sashings add interest to this on-point, throw sized quilt.

The digital version of Woodshire is available in my shop and Etsy and the print version of Woodshire is available in my shop for only $9.98 through Tuesday July 2nd.



BONNIE AND CAMILLE VERSION

For the throw sized cover version of Woodshire, I did not use charm packs, but instead used a bunch of my scraps from Bonnie and Camille collections throughout the year.  I mainly focused on the reds, pinks, greens, and aquas paired with Moda Bella Solids in white and gray. 

The soft colors have made this a favorite quilt to drape on my couch for the early summer.

For the quilting, I used an all over stipple design. I have not washed the quilt yet, but when I do it will get a wonderful crinkly look.



I normally do not piece backings as I want to get to the quilting as quickly as I can after finishing the quilt top.  However, for this backing I wanted to use up a bunch of older Bonnie and Camille yardages.


 

RUBY STAR SOCIETY VERSION

Woodshire had the honor of being selected for the Ruby Star Society lookbook for the Favorite Flowers collection.  For this version I used 8 fat quarters from the collection along with a low volume print from the collection and a black speckled background.   

You can see the quilt in the Ruby Star Society lookbook, page 114 (shows as pages 116-117 on Issuu).

I really like how the dark background makes the design look so different than the softer Bonnie and Camille version.  





LOVE NOTES VERSION

Woodshire also had the honor of being selected for the Banyan Batiks lookbook for the Love Notes collection.  For this version I used 8 fat quarters from the collection along with a white and burgundy batik blenders. 

You can see the quilt in the Banyan Batik lookbook, page 8-9 (Board and Batten was also highlighted in this collection).

This would be a perfect Valentine's Day decoration or gift.



 


ABOUT THE PATTERN

Woodshire contains instructions for a throw size and uses 2 cham packs or 8 fat quarters along with an additional fabric and a background fabric.

Woodshire is on sale in my pattern shop (digital and print versions) and on Etsy (digital version) at a special introductory price of $9.98 now through Tuesday, July 2nd (midnight ET).

In both my pattern shop and Etsy, you can combine this intro sale price with an additional coupon for more savings. Use the code "TWOPATTERNS" for $2 off 2 patterns and "THREEPATTERNS" for $4 off 3 patterns.







MANY THANKS

I would like to thank Yvonne @Quilting Jetgirl for her amazing tech editing skills!!  I will also linking up to Yvonne's Favorite Finishes for the month of June.









2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the beautiful quilt and pattern release, Cheryl. It's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a very versatile pattern and looks great in so many colors. Congrats on a new pattern release!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!