Sunday, October 31, 2021

Favorite Finish Monthly Linkup - October 2021

  Welcome to October's Favorite Finish Monthly Linkup!





Happy Halloween!  I wish you good trick or treating weather and plenty of candy if you are participating.  As my kids are getting older, I think that this might be one of my last years to go around with them.  

I have always wanted a Halloween quilt and my favorite finish for this month is a Halloween version of Swamp Rabbit Trail (pattern to be released soon).  This is the alternative layout of the blocks and I thought they looked a little like witches hats :)  I used my Sweet and Spooky (and Sweeter and Spookier) from Art Gallery fat quarters I have been collecting and then even used an included panel and fat quarters to piece a backing.

Have you ever made a Halloween quilt?  










Ready for the party?  

Here is a reminder of the party details:
  • The linky party will open at 12:01am EST on the last day of the month and will be open for 5 days, through the 4th at 11:59 pm EST.
  • For instructions on how to link up blog, Instagram, or pictures from your computer (new - there is now a way to just upload a picture without a web link) to the party, click here.  
  • If linking a blog post, I ask that you please add a link back to the party.
  • Please visit at least 3 other links (and preferably leave comments) to share the love and celebration :)
I hope you join in by checking out the posts or linking your favorite finish of the month!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter



9 comments:

  1. I love your quilt and they do look like witches hats! Happy Halloween 🎃 Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilt and fun backing! I am currently working on my first Halloween quilt - so it will hopefully be ready next year ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is adorable Cheryl. I haven't made a Halloween quilt but this is a really cute one. Enjoy the day with your kids! We don't really get trick or treaters where we live - our driveway is so long and steep. So I messaged my neighbor and asked her to bring her two girls - "Just drive them over!" so I could see some cuties today. She will bring them by - plus I look forward to pictures of my grand kids in their costumes tonight. Such a sweet holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, Cheryl! Love the backing side too with what looks like witch's hats. I made one Halloween quilt with Fat Quarter Shop's quilt along called Bats and Boos so far. I have a couple more kits lined up for making Halloween quilts for next year though. Fun, fun, fun! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never made a Halloween-themed quilt, but your beauty has me thinking I might need to change that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is beautiful. I've never made a real halloween quilt. Halloween isn't a big thing in Norway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your quilt and no, I've never made a Halloween quilt although it is getting more popular in Australia now so maybe there will be one in the future

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how your quilt came together, Cheryl. I especially like that you took the time to piece the backing with the coordinating remnants (something that I rarely take the time to do myself). It works so well for this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw that on Instagram, and thought it was so cute, and now I get to see the back! Terrific. Now you have a two-sided quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!