Monday, April 19, 2021

Just One Charm Pack Quilts Book!!

I have some exciting news today....I get to officially announce my new book, Just One Charm Pack Quilts!!  The book will be published by Stash Publications in late June and I have a bunch of fun ways to celebrate.


Do you have a pile of charm packs in your sewing room?  I know I do (even after writing an entire book about them!).  Charm packs are so cute and such a great way of getting a little bit of each fabric from a designer's new collection.  I would impulse buy them each time I was shopping for fabric.

But when it came time to use the charm packs, one charm pack never seemed like enough fabric to make a full quilt.  Most charm pack patterns required 2 or 3 packs, sometimes matching packs.  So my stack charm packs slowly grew and grew.

I wanted my charm packs to go into quilts so I came up with 18 patterns that would be the Hamburger Helper for charm packs.  By adding in an additional fabric and background fabric I was able to stretch the charm pack into a full quilt!

The quilts from the book are perfect for babies, children, small lap quilts, table toppers, wall hangings, and more.


TWO COLORWAYS

As a bonus (through the help of some wonderful quilting friends), each pattern is made in two different colorways for added inspiration.

Left quilt by Dana Right quilt by Cheryl Brickey


LAUNCH DATES

Publication Date Late June - Just One Charm Pack Quilts will be published towards the end of June.  The exact date is still unknown depending on shipping times/delays.

Pre-Sale Dates May 29th - June 5th - I am going to be offering a super bundle for signed books that will include additional patterns, plus an unreleased pattern that will only be available during this pre-sale.  More details soon :)


VIDEOS

I will be recording some fun videos in the next couple of months highlighting different quilts and techniques in the book.  You can find the first video introducing the book and showing two quilts here:

Just One Charm Pack - Intro Video

And don't forget to subscribe to the Meadow Mist Designs YouTube Channel so you do not miss one :)


BOOK HOP

In mid-July, there will be a week long book hop where a bunch of quilters will be showing off their versions of the book quilts.  I love seeing everyone's take on the designs and am excited to see what they make.


CHARITY QUILT SEW ALONG

After the book is launched (probably starting in July and ending in November), I will be hosting a charity sew along for the book.  Each quilt made from one of the book patterns and donated to a cause will gain you one entry to win some fun prizes (and help out the worthy cause of your choice).  More details to come...


I hope that you are excited about the book too, thanks!!








30 comments:

  1. Your new book looks fantastic and we all seem to have charm packs in our fabric stash, so I'm really looking forward to seeing all of the different projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome news Cheryl! It will be a welcomed addition to my quilting library.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited! I love charm packs but definitely have some single packs that I haven't been able to use up unless I'm willing to break into them for one or two pieces for a project (which I generally am not willing to do!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great idea as I never know what to do with all the single charm packs I buy. I look forward to your book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I look forward to seeing all the great quilts. So many people find charm packs hard, so it will be fun to see what you came up with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Cheryl! I am so excited to see the patterns you created - the charm pack craze is real and I have many!! Also, the charity sew along idea is so cool! Love it. Looking forward to all of the excitement. Hurray.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All wonderful ideas...the book, the various interpretations of the patterns, the charity...kudos to you for bringing a community together for the better of this world 😍❤️

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward on this book-- can't wait

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! I'm so excited for your second book!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great way to use up some of my orphan charm packs. Thanks for letting us know about the upcoming release.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your second book! I look forward to getting it when it is available.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your second book! Looking forward to getting one and following along with all the excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This book will be sooo useful at quilt shops, like the one I work at!!! I love the charity QAL idea!!! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on the book! Looks to be a real asset to quilters’ bookcase! Can’t wait to get my hands on it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I’ll definitely get a copy of your book! I love charm pack quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So excited for this book! A charity-based sew-along sounds fabulous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great idea. I rarely buy two matching charm packs. I will look forward to your book!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I finally stopped buying single charm packs because I never know what to do with them! I have at least 20 that are languishing in the drawer! I'm looking forward to your book so that I can clean that drawer out...and maybe I'll start buying charm packs again!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I enjoy buying charm packs, but never seem to have enough to make a quilt from one line of fabric. This sounds like a great book. I love your idea of using the book as a starting point for a charity sew along.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cheryl, congrats on your new book - great concept!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It must be so exciting to see the finish line :) Looking forward to seeing more of the projects! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!