Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Favorite Finish Monthly Linkup - March 2020

Welcome to March's Favorite Finish Monthly Linkup!


March has been crazy and I am not sad to see it go.  I am now working from home and my two kids are e-learning.  We are all settling into our new routines and trying to stay safe and healthy.

I think that we could all use some cheer so please link up your favorite finish from March and take a few minutes to see everyone else's finishes.  Remember, you can link a picture right from your computer, you do not need a Instagram or blog post.

My favorite finish for this month was a Wide Open Pouch by Noodlehead for my mother.  March's challenge for Aurifil Artisans was to use Kaffe fabric and Kantha stitching (big stitch hand quilting without marking lines).


I used my only piece of Kaffe I own along with a bunch of different colored 12 wt Aurifil threads and stitched away.  Once I finished the hand quilting, I cut up the fabric and had the pouch made pretty quickly (Noodlehead's patterns are always wonderful).  Now to get the pouch in the mail :)





Ready for the party?  

Here is a reminder of the party details:
  • The linky party will open at 12:01am EST on the last day of the month and will be open for 5 days, through the 4th at 11:59 pm EST.
  • For instructions on how to link up blog, Instagram, or pictures from your computer (new - there is now a way to just upload a picture without a web link) to the party, click here.  
  • If linking a blog post, I ask that you please add a link back to the party (and the button graphic if you would like).
  • Please visit at least 3 other links (and preferably leave comments) to share the love and celebration :)
I hope you join in by checking out the posts or linking your favorite finish of the month!
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter





7 comments:

  1. That's such a pretty pouch! The Kaffe print is is so perfect for the Noodlehead pouch, plus the colors are gorgeus! Love the addition of hand quilting. It gives it a nice unexpected texture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the pouch came together, Cheryl. The hand quilting adds great texture and interest! I agree that we all need some nice things to keep our minds engaged and out of the endless news cycle right now. Thanks for the linkup and stay well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fun Cheryl - I haven't done Kantha stitching and yours looks wonderful. I have made lots of the open wide pouches tho and it is a great pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lovely pouch! I have that fabric too in all the colourways... it's one of my all time faves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job on that pouch. I love the hand quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun pouch! Hope your Mom loves it :) And all the best to you and your family. I hope you all find a routine that works and stay healthy! xo Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty. I made myself a soft sunglass pouch with some Tula fabric and kantha stitching. I loved doing it. Would like to tackle a lap quilt with it someday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!