Friday, March 3, 2017

Half Circle Mirror ++ Pattern Release ++

I am excited to announce that my pattern, Half Circle Mirror is now available as a quilt pattern! You can now find the pattern in my pattern shop (digital and print versions) and on Etsy.


Half Circle Mirror was originally published in Make Moderns Issue 12 and it was accepted to hang at the recent QuiltCon show in Savannah.


Half Circle Mirror is an advanced beginner / intermediate level pattern that combines paper pieced blocks and negative space for a dramatic, geometric quilt design. 

The pattern assumes general paper piecing knowledge (if you need basic paper piecing instructions, there are some excellent video tutorials on YouTube, just search for "paper piecing"). 

The pattern also includes a coloring diagram to audition possible color schemes.



The cover version of Half Circle Mirror was made using Kona Cotton Solids by Robert Kaufman in Pepper (Fabric A), Charcoal (Fabric B), Titanium (Fabric C), and White (Background Fabric).
Johellen George of Cabin Quilt Studio did the beautiful quilting on this quilt. She is a member of one of my local guilds and does amazing work. I think that the quilting is reminiscent of the surface of a lake which plays well with the reflection theme of the piecing design.


Many, many thanks to Paige of Quilted Blooms and Yvonne of Quilting Jetgirl for their awesome tech editing and reviewing!!

 You can now find the pattern in my pattern shop (digital and print versions) and on Etsy.

Here is a Pinterest Friendly Image if you would like to pin the pattern for later...








12 comments:

  1. I just love this quilt! The grays against the white makes is so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and I love the quilting - goes so perfectly with the design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this quilt, Cheryl! Congratulations on the pattern release :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the pattern release! I really like this design and it was great to get to see it in person in Savannah. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A new pattern that has that special ZING!!! Wowee, wonderful design and your quilting adds the finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! I can't believe this is the first time I'm seeing it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is SUCH a great pattern Cheryl! That must've been pretty incredible to BE beside your quilt hanging at Quilt Con!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on Half Circle Mirror being at QuiltCon and the pattern release! What a great design and Johellen rocked the quilting too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations .Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our guild challenge this year is a two color quilt. I'm thinking this is my pattern for the year. Congratulations on having your quilt in Quilt Con. I always enjoy the designs you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautifully serene quilt. Congrats on getting it into Quilt Con.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! And I loved seeing it in person (and you!) in Savannah!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!