Saturday, May 28, 2016

May is for Makers

I am a little late for the May is for Makers campaign with May being almost over, but I wanted to get in at least one pattern purchase to support a fellow designer.

If you are not familiar with May is for Makers, it is a campaign started by Lindsey Rhodes who blogs at LR Stitched to support all of the pattern makers and their hard work.  You can read more about the campaign here on Lindsey's blog.
I was not sure which pattern I wanted to buy until I say Rae from Made by Rae's new Feather Washi dress.  I have the Washi dress pattern (and have made one Washi with it, you can see it here) and have been considering buying the extension pack which contains a bunch of other necklines, sleeves, and construction options.  When I saw the fun tie neckline on the Feather Washi I knew that the extension pack was going to be one of my May if for Makers purchases.


I am hoping to use a some yardage I have of a Fleet and Flourish fabric by Maureen Cracknell for Art Gallery Fabrics to make a similar dress...hopefully before summer is over!










5 comments:

  1. That dress is so cute Cheryl! My daughter loves necklines like that and I'm going to have to show her this pattern. I can just picture you looking great in it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely fabric, nice and so summery, and a great pattern too. May, I have made Hugh one merino top, one bag for a friend, nothing else to show really, life is in the slow lane here, with Hugh and his torn hamstring!!! Roll on our summer when things should all improve. And then you will have some snow again. What a topsy turvy world we have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm late on this bandwagon too. Nice choice in patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is hard to keep up with the campaign but it's great that it's in our minds . I have had the washi dress pattern for a couple of years...have yet to make it. That's a great fabric you have picked out for your next one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a fun fabric for a summer dress. Hope you find time to make it this summer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!