Thursday, January 30, 2014

Vintage Stars Quilt Finished

I have finally finished my Vintage Stars quilt!  I started this quilt back in November and had to put it on hold for xmas sewing.  



For this quilt I used mostly Scrumptious by Bonnie and Camille for Moda (the line really is scrumptious) with some other Bonnie and Camille fabrics mixed in.  I made the lap version of the quilt finishing at about 60" x 60" and my daughter has already claimed it as hers.

The quilt was not difficult, but I will admit that it was quite time consuming, each block contains 12 flying geese along with a bunch of other pieces.  One of the nice things about this pattern is that it is actually very layer cake friendly with each block being formed from 2 layer cake pieces.



I quilted the quilt using a really open paisley swirl type pattern, I like how the curls compliment the straight lines and triangles in the blocks.  I bound the quilt using a red and pink bias stripe fabric from the Scrumptious collection.  For the back of the quilt I found the perfect sheet set at Target having a repeating leaf pattern in teal and green for only $13.  I still have enough for backings for two baby quilts so you will probably see it again.



I am working on the pattern for this quilt and am almost ready to send it to my testers and reviewers.  This by far has been the most complicated quilt pattern that I have written to date and I have been taking extra time to make sure that all of the illustrations and instructions are as simple and clear as they can be.

As a bonus, finishing this quilt was my January goal for the A Lovely Year of Finishes.  (Here was my goal post)









22 comments:

  1. Wow, I love this!! Gorgeous quilt!

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! and the Scrumptious fabrics are perfect for this. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt! That fabric line works so well with the block pattern, and the quilting adds a nice swirly feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Love that design and the quilting is such a compliment to the pattern. Well done, Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks fantastic! I love the stripey binding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about it, including your quilting...very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So so so pretty! What a beautiful quilt, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is such a lovely quilt, Cheryl! The quilting really compliments the blocks beautifully.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vintage Stars is a beauty, Cheryl! Your fabric choices and that open swirly quilting make it irresistible. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is now my favorite quilt pattern of yours! Congratulations on a beautifully scrumptious quilt! I love it Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Has this pattern been published yet? I'd love to purchase it, but don't know where to find it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy - I had to reply here because there was no e-mail address associated with your comment. The pattern for Vintage Star will hopefully be out in Sept 2016, sorry for the wait.

      Cheryl

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!