Friday, June 15, 2018

Teaching at QuiltCon!!

I have some super exciting news...I will be teaching at QuiltCon 2019 in Nashville, TN!!


I will be teaching two 3-hour lectures:


Subtracting for Minimalism
Thursday Feb 21st, 9 am-12 pm

Subtracting for minimalism is a combination lecture and hands-on workshop that explores taking away elements from a full quilt design to create a minimalist pattern. The workshop will begin by showing sample quilts made using the subtracting for minimalism technique, then the method will be taught using both computer and hand drawn approaches. Students will practice the method by creating their own hand drawn minimalist quilt designs and then learn how to develop the designs into a plan for an actual quilt. Note: This is a design only course and does not include any sewing.


EQ8 for Beginners


Thursday Feb 21st, 6 pm - 9 pm

Are you new to Electric Quilt 8 and don't know where to start? You can leave your pencil and graph paper behind when you learn the basic functions and explore the versatility of EQ8 with this workshop. Some topics that will be covered include: how to navigate the block and quilt worktables, use library blocks and fabrics, create your own blocks, and build a quilt top with the blocks using different block settings, colors, fabrics, sashing, borders, and more. This is a hands-on computer class and students must bring their own laptop computers with EQ8 already installed.



I was so excited to see my picture with all of the other faculty!


You can find my courses and all of the offerings at QuiltCon on the QuiltCon website under Catalog and Schedule.  Are you planning on attending QuiltCon next year?





8 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! You are becoming quite a well known designer in the modern quilting world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Cheryl! I was so happy for you to see your name in the QuiltCon faculty list. I'm planning to attend QuiltCon, though I'm only able to take a one-day shopping trip this year, but I still hope I get to say hello to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just leaving a comment so I get them sent to my e-mail...until blogger fixes its comment issue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I hope the classes are a lot of fun and I'll be working as crew in the workshops again and be sure to check in on how things are going. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many good things happening in your corner of QBL Cheryl! Congrats. Very happy for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting! If I was going, this would be my first choice of classes to attend. Maybe 2020 in Austin?

    ReplyDelete
  7. So exciting, Cheryl! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Registration opens in a week; I hope your classes fill up quickly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!