Friday, November 25, 2016

Drawstring Bags and Pincushions

In my local modern quilt guide, the Greenville Modern Quilt Guide, we recently held elections and voted in a new president.  I was the president for the last two years and was the vice-president for two years before that. We are a new guide so we did not have much money to bring in speakers and therefore relied on our own members for our content.

I am in awe of the talent that we have in our group and so grateful for them to have shared their talents and their time for our guide.  I made each member that contributed to the group that held a chair position and/or presented a presentation, tutorial, or workshop.

I shared four mini quilts that I gifted last week and today I would like share some drawstring bags and pincushions I made for some members.

For the drawstring bags, I used Jeni Baker from In Color Order's Lined Drawstring Bag Tutorial and customized each bag for the recipient.

Drawstring Bag 1 - For our incoming president who taught a quilting workshop and presented a trunk show (and who I know loves this blue print by Rifle & Co. for Cotton & Steel).

 Drawstring Bag 2 - For our treasurer who also organized and hosted the guild challenge, a Cotton & Steel version.  The yellow fabric is a Japanese print that is all about handwriting to go along with the theme of her guild challenge piece.

  Drawstring Bag 3 - For one of our board members who lead the creation of the by-laws and co-organized our one year anniversary pattern, a Kaffe Fassett bag.  


All of the bags together.

I also made 4 pincushions for other members who have contributed to the guild.  Since I stopped selling pincushions in my Etsy shop I have actually missed making them so these were fun to sew up.


Pincushion 1 - For a quilter who shared a trunk show

Pincushion 2 - For one of our Charity Chairs

Pincushion 3 - For our QuiltCon Charity Quilt Chair

Pincushion 4 - For a quilter who shared a trunk show

I hope you enjoyed seeing these little gifts!  Have a wonderful weekend!




8 comments:

  1. Thank you from a happy recipient!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the C+S bag! Thank you, Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bags and quite the thoughtful gifts! You should link up with my Bag It event on my blog! (www.elmstreetquilts.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are the perfect gifts and especially perfect thank you gifts! I'm sure everyone was thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your drawstring bags are sure pretty, but I LOVE the pincushions.!! What pattern did you use for them. We are having a pincushion exchange at our Christmas party in December. Are they easy enough to make one in a week? Our party is December 4, so I've got to hurry. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely gifts, and I can see already so appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Cheryl, your thoughtfulness will be so very appreciated. Lovely fabric choices. I NEED to make one of those (or more ha) drawstring bags. Anja's several months ago first piqued my interest, and now seeing yours reminds me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful gifts! The bags are so fun and the pincushions are so lovely. What a great way to leave office (though I'd be careful, those type of things can get up put right back in).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!