Monday, September 25, 2017

Wayward Transparency - my fabrics

Have you seen the new quilt along that Yvonne just started over on her blog, Quilting Jetgirl?  Yvonne creates amazing quilts with a transparency effect and Wayward Transparency is one of my favorites she has created.

The Wayward Transparency is a free quilt along with monthly directions and plenty of different options for laying quilt top.


The quilt top uses 3 different fabric so I went shopping in my stash to see what I had that would work.  Here is what I decided to use:

Fabric A - Free Spirit Solids in Yellow
Fabric B - Kaffe Fassett - Shot Cotton in Clementine
Fabric C - Kona Cotton in Lipstick

These colors are a bit of a departure for me, I have never made a quilt with a bright yellow background, but hopefully they will look good in the quilt :)

The Fabric B is a cross-weave of red and yellow (the warps of the fabric are yellow and the wefts are red) giving the fabric an overall orange look.


You can find out more information about the Wayward Transparency on the Quilting Jetgirl blog right here.






15 comments:

  1. I'm excited to see how this one turns out with those colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be really vibrant, Cheryl! The crossweave is a fantastic blender between the yellow and red. Thank you so much for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun pick! I love the idea of using a crossweave of your two colors to bridge them together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are going to look fantastic in the quilt. I love how the cross weave fabrics tie the two colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great pull. I have a feeling it is going to be stunning. Love the use of the shot cotton.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks terrific! I am still thinking about this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's going to be a bright and cheery quilt. Great idea to use the shot cottons for a transparency quilt. I've been wanting to try the KF shot cottons. The colors are so vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your fabric choices and can't wait to see your fiery version of this great design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super together, at the moment I have a pale mauve, a teal patterned fabric with splashes of red, blue and green, and the dark one is a mixture of blue and teal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking forward to seeing how your colors work. I'd wanted to do this one, but work is probably going to prevent me from participating. I was going to do the cool colored version, going from blue to purple or purple to blue depending what was in the stash. I'll just have to enjoy seeing yours come together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is going to be beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think this will be stupendous! And now you have me rethinking my fabric pulls, yes plural because I can't make up my mind!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!