Friday, August 5, 2016

Canvas Lines Quilt and Quilter's Planner



I wanted to share with you today, The Quilter’s Planner and my latest pattern, Canvas Lines, that is included with the planner!

The Quilter's Planner is my friend Stephanie from Late Night Quilter's project. This is the second year of the planner and it is better than ever! You can pre-order the planner from her Indiegogo site.

I use my 2016 planner to schedule my blog posts, organize my to-do lists, and manage my work, home, and quilting calendar.  One of my favorite parts of the planner are the patterns and I am honored to have a pattern called Canvas Lines in the 2017 Quilter's Planner.


I designed Canvas Lines with a slight tribal feel with alternating diagonal geometric shapes and negative space. Canvas Lines combined some of the prints from the Doe collection by Carolyn Friedlander for Robert Kaufman with some crisp Kona white fabric. 

I quilted Canvas Lines with a square meandering pattern using Aurifil 50 wt in white (color 2024). I think that the square meander added great texture to the negative space without taking away from the pieced blocks.




Aren't these some of the most beautiful quilt photographs you have seen? Kitty from Night Quilter has taken pictures of all of the quilts for the planner patterns along the coast of Maine. (If you would like Kitty to take some wonderful pictures of your quilts, you can find out more information about her photography offerings right here).

There are 14 beautiful full quilt and sewing patterns, with color instructions, including Amy Friend of During Quiet Time, Amy Sinibaldi of Nana and Co., Amy Smart of Diary of a Quilter, AnneMarie Chany of GenXQuilters, Cheryl Brickey of Meadow Mist Designs (me), Christa Watson of Christa Quilts, Karen Lewis of Karen Lewis Textiles, Kari Vojtechovsky of Craft-Happy, Katie Blakesley of Swim Bike Quilt, Lee Monroe of May Chappell, Lindsey Rhodes of LR Stitched, Rita Hodge of Red Pepper Quilts, Stephanie Palmer of Late Night Quilter and Yvonne Fuchs of Quilting Jetgirl.


Hop over to The Quilter's Planner web page to learn more about what the planner includes and all of the new features in the 2017 version.  Remember, The 2017 Quilter's Planner is now available for pre-order through Indiegogo.







28 comments:

  1. You've out done yourself Cheryl: It's a really beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quilt-great colors-great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is beautiful. Her photography sure enhanced this beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a stunning design, Cheryl, and I love how Kitty captured your quilt photos on a sailboat! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. This quilt is one of the main reasons I bought this planner, lol. I bought last years and gave it to my LAQ for Christmas, but this year I got myself one too! Love this quilt, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So is the pattern/instructions for this quilt in the Planner??

      Delete
    2. Hi Kate - (I had to reply here because you did not have an email address associated with your message). The pattern for Canvas Lines is included as part of the planner. It is not physically in the planner, but available as a download through a web address listed in the planner. Thanks!

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous design! And the photos...amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and great fun photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful quilt Cheryl - can't wait to get my hands on the planner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cheryl what a fantastic design and Kitty has captured it perfectly with the sailboat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm totally in love with your quilt! I've already pre-ordered my planner, so I can't wait for it to get here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your quilt is stunning and Kitty's photographs for the 2017 planner have really been amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this it is so fresh and light!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cheryl this is a beautiful design and great photos. I love fabrics that you choose for your quilt.
    Greetings from Poland
    Kamila

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful quilt and great photos. Though not nautical themed the quilt looks like it belongs on the ship.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your quilt is stunning and these photos are so beautiful! I am eagerly awaiting my planner.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is an awesome design. And Kitty has been taking awesome photos of the quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, Cheryl, that is an amazing quilt! I may have to buy a planner just to get my hands on the pattern!! Whoop whoop for a fabulous finish...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely gorgeous design! Quilt pictures are always so much fun. I love seeing the different stagings.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a gorgeous setting for your stunni ng quilt!!! Anyone else finding October so far away...I can't wait to get my planner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a gorgeous setting for your stunni ng quilt!!! Anyone else finding October so far away...I can't wait to get my planner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. stunning quilt. So this pattern is in the book?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this quilt!! It is beautiful. I already have so many other planners but i really think i want a Quilters Planner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely fantastic quilt Cheryl! and what a photo shoot. My brother is a keen sailor - maybe I can bribe him...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Is there a way to purchase this Canvas Lines quilt pattern without buying the Planner?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now the only place to get the Canvas Lines pattern is through the planner but early next year I hope to release a full pattern with 3 sizes as a stand alone. Thanks!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!