Friday, July 8, 2016

Meadow Mystery Quilt - Quit Kits

The Meadow Mystery Quilt officially started yesterday (July 7th) with the posting of fabric requirements and helpful fabric picking tips.  (You can always find the mystery quilt posts in the tab above).

For those that would like the option of a quilt kit, we have some options this year:

Bear Creek Quilting Company

The Bear Creek Quilting Company has put together a beautiful kit of fabrics from the Gentle Breeze Collection by Maywood Studios.  I really like how the strong and darker blues combine with the greens and cream colors.  The Bear Creek Quilting Company has been generous enough to send me a kit to use during the quilt along (I am going to actually be making two version of the mystery quilt this year :)

The Bear Creek Quilting Company's kit contains all of the fabrics needed for the quilt top and binding (in this kit the binding is made using Fabric C).  You can purchase yardage of other coordinating Gentle Breeze fabrics separately for the backing, if desired.  You can find the quilt kit listed here.





Fat Quarter Shop

I have worked with the Fat Quarter shop to create some curated shopping lists.  A little different than a kit, if you like any of the fabric combinations, simply click on each fabric link and add the amount of yardage listed to your online shopping cart.  

Curated Shopping List 1:  Little Ruby from Bonnie and Camille Version

Fabric A - 0.5 yd
Bonnie and Camille - Little Ruby Aqua Little Quirky
http://www.fatquartershop.com/little-ruby-aqua-little-quirky-yardage

Fabric B - 0.75 yd
Bonnie and Camille - Little Ruby Red Little Quirky
http://www.fatquartershop.com/little-ruby-red-little-quirky-yardage

Fabric C and Binding - 1.625 yds
Bella Solids Royal
http://www.fatquartershop.com/bella-solids-royal-yardage

Fabric D - 1 yd
Bella Solids Bubble Gum
http://www.fatquartershop.com/bella-solids-bubble-gum-yardage

Fabric E - 2.25 yds
Bella Solids White Bleached
http://www.fatquartershop.com/bella-solids-white-bleached-yardage



Curated Shopping List 2: Black and White with a Pop

Fabric A - 0.5 yd
Cotton + Steel Basics Lightning XOXO
http://www.fatquartershop.com/cotton-and-steel-basics-lightning-xoxo-yardage

Fabric B - 0.75 yd
Zen Chic - Modern Background Ink Graphite Notes
http://www.fatquartershop.com/modern-background-ink-graphite-notes-yardage

Fabric C and Binding - 1.625 yds
Cotton + Steel Black & White Bowties
http://www.fatquartershop.com/black-and-white-bowties-yardage

Fabric D - 1 yd
Zen Chic - Modern Background Paper Silver on White Metrics
http://www.fatquartershop.com/modern-background-paper-silver-on-white-metrics-yardage

Fabric E - 2.25 yds
Bella Solids White Bleached
http://www.fatquartershop.com/bella-solids-white-bleached-yardage

Have fun gathering your fabrics and I look forward to seeing your selections in out Facebook Group :)



22 comments:

  1. I like the bear creek and the cotton steel

    ReplyDelete
  2. All beautiful selections, but my favorite is the black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for these, fabric choice is where I struggle most with mystery quilts since I can't "see" in advance where I am headed. I am really liking the black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The black and white with a pop really speaks to me... I do love getting to see all the different fabric combinations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely fabric combinations! Black and white is definitely my favourite :)

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is cotton + steel a new company?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oy. I was trying to be good and not start another new project, but that Black & White with a Pop color scheme was calling my name. Thanks a lot. :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some great inspiration in those kits. I'm still going to try to pull from stash, so it should be interesting whatever I pull together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please add me to the list. Ty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please add me to the list. Ty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryle - Thank you for your interest in joining the e-mail distribution list, unfortunately, you are a no-reply blogger so no e-mail is attached to your comment. If you would like to be added, please send me an e-mail with your address and I will add you. Thanks!

      Delete
  11. Cheryl, these are each great! I have most of the black and white with a color pop fabrics (with a different "pop") So that might just be the way I go.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seeing those curated kits really helps me!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. HI Cheryl,
    I love the Curated shopping list. I am curious if there are any recommendations for the backing fabric for the black and white set? Thank you for putting this together!! Patty

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just love the kit with the daisies and the dark blue. Surprising!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just love the kit with the daisies and the dark blue. Surprising!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just order the kit from bear creek.. How many days to be delivered?
    As I am late joining.. ... Looking forward to this Mystery Quilt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry I could not reply to your message through e-mail as your comment does not have an e-mail address associated with it. Bear Creek Quilting Company is moving (you can see on their website) but you should get your kit in plenty of time to start cutting in August.

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!