Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Candy Circle Quilt at the Moda Bake Shop

I am very excited to have my first Moda Bake Shop tutorial posted today!!!  Please hop over and check Candy Circle out.  Thank you to all who are visiting from the Bake Shop :)

The quilt is called the Candy Circle quilt and it is a baby sized quilt using some cute Moda candy packs from the  Mirabelle line from Fig Tree & Co.  I love all of Fig Tree's fabric lines so I was thrilled to be able to use their new line in a quilt.  With just four mini charm packs (or just one charm pack), a focal print fabric, and some background fabric, you can have a cute baby quilt ready to gift.

I really tried to quilt this quilt in an  interesting and different pattern.   I quilted the focal fabric areas in a straight line lattice, quilted the background areas using a small pebble design, and quilted the patchwork squares with straight line quilting.






In my submission of the pattern to the Moda Bake Shop, sent pictures of the pattern sewn using Avalon also by Fig Tree & Co. 






The quilt pattern is very versatile and can be made with a number of collections for different looks and is a great size to be a table topper or a wall hanging as well as a baby quilt.


Here is a holiday version of the quilt.





Thank you so much for stopping by!!




I am also linking up for the first time to I Quilt Thursdays @ Pretty Bobbins







20 comments:

  1. Oh I love it! Going over there right now to download it. This is perfect for a small baby quilt I need to make next month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous quilting for a cute little baby quilt. Congrats on being a Moda baker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. List is a really cute pattern! I've already downloaded it and will probably make it for the baby quilt I need! Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful! Thanks for sharing. Heading over to Moda!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on being part of Moda Bake Shop! I love the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Job Cheryl,

    Thank you for sharing your creativity.

    -modalissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Don't know which version I love more, Cheryl. Your quilting is so fantastic, too. Love, love, love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love. Adore. Think it is amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the tutorial! Also great to see another quilty math person out there :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Cheryl for designing an adorable quilt pattern that is so versatile that it can be made in a Christmas wreath as well as an adorable baby quilt. Love both of them made up in different fabric lines. Great job on the quilting too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Cheryl! Your beautiful quilting made this quilt even more beautiful :)

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats, Cheryl! Such a cute pattern, and the your quilting is truly fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous quilt - thank you for linking to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! The quilting is stunning! I think it would look great as a scrap quilt too - maybe with binding scraps as a catalog of projects kind of thing. I'll have to squirrel that idea away. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this quilt and I'm glad to find your blog! You have some lovely designs. Thank you!
    Julie @ The Crafty Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful quilt! but i'm wondering about the instruction "press the seams apart" because when i examine your picture it seems that you pressed to one side, which is what i prefer to do.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is a beautiful quilt! I want to make it with the Fig/Tree fabric and am wondering where you purchased your fabric? When I search around, all that fabric isn't available until March? Am I missing somewhere??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kay, you are a no-reply blogger so I could not respond to your question directly so hopefully you will see this response here. The Moda Bake Shop typically shows patterns using fabrics that are coming out in the next few weeks up to about 2 months out. I have seen some Mirabelle charm packs on sale, but for yardage I do not think that it will be available until March 2014.

      Delete
  18. I checked out your Moda Bake Shop tutorial. Congrats. Your quilt is really lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!