The Meadow Mystery Quilt is a free quilt-along that will run from July 2016 until April 2017 with a set of directions revealed the first Thursday of every month. The mystery quilt is a 60" x 60" lap size quilt.
We will kick off the quilt-along in July with the fabric requirements and some helpful hints to pick fabrics and colors (you will have an entire month to gather fabrics before the cutting instructions in August).
Here are some more details about the upcoming mystery quilt...
1. Quilt-along Instructions - The monthly instructions will be posted to this blog as blog posts (and can always be found in the Mystery Quilt tab above) and also sent out as an easy to print pdf through e-mail to the distribution list.
If you would like to be added to the e-mail distribution list, simply leave a comment on this post (with your e-mail if you are a no reply blogger) or send an e-mail to me at cheryljbrickey (at) gmail (dot) com. (If you received the e-mails for the Midnight Mystery quilt, you are already on the list so there is no need to sign up again).
2. Button - I have made a button for the mystery quilt :) If you decide to join in on the quilt-a-long and have a blog I would love it if you posted the button.
3. Prizes - We will have prizes! Prizes will be given out randomly to quilters who submit quilts or quilt tops to the reveal parade in April 2017. We already have 6 sponsors and hope to add some more in the coming weeks. More details about the individual sponsors and prizes will be announced in June.
4. The Un-Mystery Quilt - Want to join in the fun but making a mystery quilt is not your thing? If you would like to see the final pattern to decide whether to join in, or to help pick colors; simply e-mail me and I will send you a sneak peak (the only rule is that you have to keep the design completely to yourself as to not spoil anyone else's surprise). **I will begin sending sneak peeks on June 2nd, not before **
5. Facebook Group - We already have over 400 active members in our Facebook Group (Meadow Mist Designs Facebook Group) sewing together! Join the group today so you can share and see everyone else's fabric, progress pictures, and finished quilts.
5. Thank You to Pattern Testers - I would like to sincerely thank my 5 pattern testers and reviewers who have helped make the pattern the best it can be:
Shauna T. of Shauna's World
6. Previous Mystery Quilts - The instructions for my previous mystery quilts are located in the Mystery Quilt tab above (and are always available so you can start them at any time). Both patterns are also available as digital pdf versions from my Etsy shop (Midnight Mystery and Foothills Mystery) for those that would prefer a single, easy to print versions of the patterns.