Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Scrappy Tiles Testers Part 2

Yesterday I highlighted two of my pattern testers and reviewers, Beth and Lynda for my new pattern Scrappy Tiles.  You can find the pattern in my pattern shop.  

Today I wanted to highlight the other three wonderful women that helped me out so much with the pattern testing and reviewing.

First up is Lin from Lin's Quilts. I met Lin through the 2014 New Quilt Blogger Blog Hop. Lin has been sewing since 6th grade and got into quilting about 25 years ago, and have been addicted ever since. She has three kids and three granddaughters. Her quilting is amazing, go check it out!

Lin used scraps to make her version of Scrappy Tiles. Check out her quilt top:







The second quilter and tester I would like to highlight today is Ashley.  Ashley is a newer quilter I met though the blog who was kind enough to offer to pattern test for me.  She used bright scraps (there are coordinating pieces from three different fabric lines, plus two random designs).  




Last, but definitely not least is my super quilty friend Paige who I met through our local modern quilting guild.  Paige does not have a blog (yet), but is one of the most wonderful quilters I have ever met.  She is a source of inspiration for me; her piecing and quilting are second to none, her designs are fabulous, and her advice and knowledge are generously given.

Paige was highlighted by the MQG (here) after she won 2nd place at the AQS show in Grands Rapids in the Modern category.  Paige has been so helpful to review almost every single one of my patterns, be it for a tutorial, for sale, or for a publication.  

Paige is always there to bounce ideas off of and I look forward to getting to know her better and becoming a better quilter through her mentoring.

Thank you so much Lin, Ashley, and Paige!

I want to thank everyone who has already purchased the pattern, Scrappy Tiles was a Top 20 Best Seller at Craftsy on Monday!  

You can now find Scrappy Tiles in my pattern shop.




5 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt tops! I love Ashley's suggestion to include quilting tutorials with the patterns. I wish all pattern designers included suggestions on how to quilt their creations. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! It sounds like you got a lot of great feedback and help from your testers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheryl, you're so sweet, thanks so much for the kind words! My path down this modern quilting adventure would never have happened if it wasn't for the inspiration from bloggers/quilters such as yourself.
    Both tops are very nice and I love Ashley's idea for tips. Another great quilt pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that bright colors in Ashley's top. Good job testers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this one too! Such yay for making the top 20, such a great accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!