Tuesday, February 7, 2017

The Quilter's Path by Christa Watson

I wanted to share with you a new Craftsy class I just watched called The Quilter's Path by Christa Watson. I had the pleasure of rooming with Christa at QuiltCon 2015 and have always loved her blog and down to earth teaching style.  I was so excited when I heard that her Craftsy class was being released!

The Quilter's Path is a perfect class for a beginner quilter, Christa has such a great way of organizing and breaking down the steps of both walking foot and free motion quilting.  The class was full of little tips and broke down and illustrated each step so well.  It was like having Christa sit there with you explaining things along the way.

While the class is primarily directly towards new quilters, I was able to pick up some tips throughout the class too.  The section on spiral quilting was especially helpful as my spiral centers never come out very well.  The next time I try to spiral quilt, I am going to try Christa's method.

I am such a fan of Craftsy's class formats.  They are so easy to navigate through, ask questions, and share progress pictures.  Craftsy really takes it beyond just a video and makes the class an interactive online experience.

Are you interested in checking out Christa's class? Christa has been kind of enough to give all of the Meadow Mist Designs readers 50% off the cost of the class. All you have to do is use this link to go to the class and add it to your cart. (The discount only shows up once the class is in your cart). The discount expires on April 4th.

Disclaimer - Christa was super nice enough to give me a copy of the class to watch.  All opinions contained in this post are 100% mine.


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. I'm determined to learn how to quilt this summer. I keep putting it off, but at some point, I want to be able to do my own quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have me intrigued with her spiral method, I just might have to check it out. I love spirals but somehow they just never quite turn out the way they should when I do them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!