Friday, October 28, 2016

At Quilt Market in Spirit

The season of Quilt Market and Quilt Festival is upon us once again ... one day I hope to be able to go. I could not attend this year, but I will be there in spirit in the form of two quilts.

**If you attend Quilt Market and/or Festival and see my quilts hanging, I would love a picture :)

Use Your Illusion will be hanging in the Modern Quilt Guild Showcase exhibit.


My Quilt Theory quilt Jelly Lanterns will be hanging in the Quilter's Planner booth along with other Quilt Theory quilts Cross Cabins and Highland Tile. You can stop by the booth to say hi to fellow Quilt Theory designers Stephanie @Late Night Quilter and Yvonne @ Quilting Jetgirl and purchase hard copies of all of the Quilt Theory patterns available (as well as the awesome Quilter's Planner).
  

The remaining Quilt Theory quilts will be hanging in other areas in the show. Ocean Path, Strip It Down, and Tiled Parquet will be hanging in the Checker Distributor’s booth and Scrappy Geese will be hanging in the Michael Miller Fabrics booth.  

Be sure to follow @Quilt.Theory on Instagram for updates of all the market and festival fun.



16 comments:

  1. I'm sure you will get there one day Cheryl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never tire seeing that black and white quilt! Gorgeous! At least you have quilts and are represented at the show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am excited to sneak over and take in the MQG Showcase exhibit. I'm definitely looking forward to a time when we can spend more time together at a show or conference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be there and will be on the lookout for your quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheryl, I'm glad that you have the opportunity to share your beautiful quilts at market, even if you are not there in person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh! I LOVE your Use Your Illusion quilt. Perhaps that can be in the next round of Quilt Theory patterns?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Use Your Illusion is one of my favorites and I am so glad it is in Houston!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your quilts going to Houston, Cheryl, what an honor!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful to know your quilt will be hanging there for all to view and more.What a huge event, I couldn't imagine anything as massive as that, not sure how many booths, I looked at the numbers, and saw many at over 1000, and I do hope that Quilt Theory had many visitors and enquiries and sales.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry you didn't get to go this year. I've only been once and that was when we lived just outside of Houston. Hope the booth sells lots of patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cool that your quilts are hanging at Quilt Market! I hope someone is able to snap a picture for you of them hanging in the wild :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, I just started following you today. You sure have made some beautiful quilts! I love the Use Your Illusion especially. If you don't mind a question, I looked at your Drizzle quilt and just love it. I have Christa's book and would love to make Rain as a smaller quilt. Did you make the strips skinnier than the pattern in the book? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gigi, You are a no-reply blogger so unfortunately I had no way of replying directly to your comment to answer your question. I shrunk all of the dimensions of the quilt by a third so the strips were reduced in length and thickness by 33%. I hope that helps.

      Delete
    2. Thaks so much--- I appreciate it! I thought by signing in on google you would have my email-- sorry about that. Anyway-- I can't wait to make the quilt! I have a bunch of mostly low volume cat prints that I want to incorporate into it.

      Delete
  13. Your Illusion quilt is such a charmer ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!