Saturday, April 16, 2016

2016 New Quilt Bloggers Hop - Reminder and Edit

(I'm still on my bloggie vacation, but I wanted to update you quickly on the 2016 New Quilt Bloggers Hop)



The form to sign up is right here: registration form.

Yvonne, Stephanie, and I have heard from so many new bloggers who would like to join our New Bloggers mentoring program, but don’t completely fall into the “modern”category… So we have decided the more the merrier and are now opening the registration to bloggers who quilt in any and every style!
If you have been blogging for 2 years and 1 month, please sign up. If we receive more than 100 sign ups, we will use age of blog as one of the first down select criteria. However, if you have been blogging for 3+ years and are looking for how to increase your readership, we recommend several Facebook groups:
Late Night Quilters Club 
Craft Your Blog
If you are not yet writing 4 posts a month, we hope you will be by the end of the hop and are now asking that you are an active blogger (you do need to have your blog set up and have spent some time getting to know your platform of choice).
The group discussions are where the meat and heart of the event take place, so having a Facebook account is a must for participation.
If you have any other questions, please reach out!

2016 New Quilt Bloggers Participation / Sign Up Criteria

The technical criteria to participate in the 2016 New Quilt Bloggers Blog Hop is as follows:

  1. If you have been blogging mainly about modern quilting (modern quilting to you is modern quilting to us.),
  2. for less than 2 3 years,
  3. writing at least 4 posts a month are an active blogger,
  4. are willing to agree to be actively involved in the blog hop through visiting and commenting on the other blogger’s hop posts,
  5. and have or are willing to open a Facebook account to participate in the group discussions.

I hope this convinces some more new bloggers to join in!



3 comments:

  1. This sounds like a fun project. I've never blogged. My only concern right now should I decide to join; is we are leaving on a 21 Trans-Atlantic cruse tomorrow; will be back home on May 11th. When the project start? Would I be able to join when I get and get caught up to where everyone is....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been blogging for years for my own personal satisfaction about things that are important to me. Unfortunately my personal running blog cost me my job in 2006. Needless to say I was very nervous about putting my words out there after that. I still have anxiety that someone will misunderstand me and my world will blow up again but....I need to write. Currently I am posting about twice a week on my quilting blog Grannycanquilt.wordpress.com. I have not been blogging for 2 years on this site but am very committed to my site and would love to be part of this group. Please consider me.


    ReplyDelete
  3. The above Quilt Granny comment takes you to my inactive blogs. I blog about quilt related things at Grannycanquilt.wordpress.com several times per week. I really would appreciate being part of this blog mentoring program and hope you will consider me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!